Fabulous Villa with Panoramic Views from the Pool
Imagine a villa in Tuscany - the verdant rolling hills, olive groves and grapevines. You’re dining alfresco in a loggia perched above it all, with age old wisteria framing the view. It sounds like a fantasy, but at Villa Dania it’s real. This 5 bedroom 19th century village home has been lovingly restored by the owners, adding modern amenities while preserving the villa’s fine historic details.
This family villa invites connection and conversation; sit with friends by the pool, under the arbor, or inside under a fresco (yes, really). All that’s missing is a glass of good Tuscan wine. Thankfully that can be found in the village with a couple of shops and places to eat, just a short stroll from the villa itself.
Tuscany’s most important cultural centres are nearby. A trip to Volterra (25km) is a must for any history buff. This Bronze Age settlement was one of the "twelve cities" of the Etruscan League -...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Dania enjoys rolling views of Tuscan countryside from its private garden and swimming pool, yet it is also set in local Tuscan village with a couple of useful grocery shops, places to eat and a pharmacy. Situated a 45-minute drive from Pisa Airport, it is a fantastic base for exploring the very best of Tuscany with many wonderful villages and towns within striking distance. Indeed, visitors to Tuscany come for many reasons. Many come in search of fine art and others to explore the extraordinary countryside. Gourmets and wine buffs descend on Tuscany to enjoy the beautiful but straightforward cuisine and wine. Walkers enjoy the mountain paths, cyclists the rolling hills, and summer guests even head to the sea coast north or south of Livorno, around an hour away. One of the most famous historic towns is Volterra (25km), a beautiful walled medieval town also with Renaissance palaces and Etruscan sites to admire. Just as stunning and definitely on the tourist trail, magical San Gimignano (35km) is also close with its many towers, winding lanes and wonderful surrounding landscapes. San Miniato (35km) is another Tuscan gem to explore, especially its impressive Piazza della Repubblica, perhaps combined with a trip to Empoli (50km), an attractive town in the Arno Valley or Vinci (55km), the birthplace of the great artists, Leonardo da Vinci. A day out in Florence (80km) is also possible, about 90-minutes by car, or head south to the grand city of Siena (76km) to discover yet more artistic treasures and outstanding beauty. Pisa (48km) itself is a joy, not just because of its leaning tower, and further north lies the exquisite town of Lucca (52km) with its old town filled with Renaissance palaces, pretty churches and enchanting squares surrounded by grand city walls.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €400 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes except air-conditioning which is an extra cost, payable locally (€0.45/KW).
- Heating costs included? : No, extra cost, payable locally (€3 per cubic metre).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €50 per pet per week will apply (payable locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday from June to mid-September. Flexible during any other periods.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Minimum stay : Across peak dates there is a minimum stay of 7 nights
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from May to September. 4 nights at other times.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Security deposit :