Artistic 4-Bedroom Riverfront Villa Great for Families
Original artwork, dreamy sunsets, swans on the river and the best wines in the world…Villa Shambhala is a feast for the senses and a truly unique and exceptional place to stay.
The mesmerising Dordogne River is literally at the villa’s feet at the bottom of a set of steps and life on the river is very much at the heart of this home – swans glide along the water, wildlife comes and goes, locals pass by on canoes, whilst others try their luck at fishing.
Understandably, Villa Shambhala takes full advantage of this prestigious setting with plenty of outdoor spaces to soak in all the beauty. The fountain garden with table and chairs is the perfect place to sit and watch the river activity whilst sipping coffee and reading a book. The roof terrace treats guests to spectacular sunsets over the river at ‘apéritif’ time. There is also a new ‘salle d’été’ and additional terraces to while away the hours sipping local wine in...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The welcoming climate and stunning scenery of the Dordogne encourage exploration, and the region has many treasures to delight wine connoisseurs, gourmets, artists and activity enthusiasts alike. Make the most out of the Dordogne river and enjoy the many outdoor activities such as boating, canoeing, fishing, bird-watching and a lot more. The chic bustle of St Emilion, only twenty minutes from Shambhala, offers stylish boutiques, contemporary fine art and world class restaurants. Following the Dordogne and Lot waterways will reward the explorer with many new delights, as charming villages and market towns such as Bergerac, Souillac and Cahors were established through trade along their banks. Bordeaux is an elegant city filled with architectural delights. The visitor can enjoy the narrow streets of the old town, stunning 18th Century mansion houses, the neoclassical theatre and wide boulevards lined with boutique shops in this diverse and attractive city. Along the Dordogne are many fine chateaux such as Beynac and Monpazier, mainly built for military action against England during the 100 Years’ War. Each summer only ten minutes from Shambhala a dramatic battle re-enactment is held at Castillon de Bataille (July and August). The home of the philosopher Michel Montaigne is only 10 minutes away, and there are fine Gallo-Roman mosaics to be seen in the neighbouring village of Montcaret. The traditional French hamlet location is a peaceful centre from which to explore the region, with excellent amenities close by. The local village of Pessac is a lazy walk along the Dorgogne where you can take a coffee, drink and pick up fresh croissants and papers while enjoying the beautiful countryside, vineyards, apple orchards and walnut groves. When you reach the village there is a small supermarket, boulangerie, tobacconist, hair salon and two restaurants. Slightly further out you have Castillon and Sante Foy that have larger supermarkets and various markets throughout the week which specialise in local produce. The nearby Chateau Bauduc, favoured by Gordon Ramsay and Rick Stein, is a must for wine connoisseurs and offers a programme of tours and tastings, with private visits by arrangement. Wine tours of the many local vineyards are a wonderful chance to sample world-renowned names. Chateau Monbazillac is at Bergerac and St Emilion, Cahors and others are all nearby, offering a chance to sample outstanding wines on the soil where the grapes are grown. To accompany the wines are many famous traditional cheeses, truffles, mushrooms, duck and goose delicacies such as foie gras. The wealth of gourmet produce makes this area a paradise for foodies, who will be delighted by the local markets of Castillon, Sante Foy and Libourne. This passion for fine produce is reflected in the many excellent restaurants throughout the region. Private wine-tasting is available at The Villa as well wine-tasting tours and Chateaux visits. Kid's Activities: - Zoo de Bordeaux 1 hr - Water Park Bordeaux 1 hr - Aquarium du Perigord Nord Le Bugue 1hr 25 min - Chateau Bridoire 40 min
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
- Arrival time : After 4.00 pm. Please note that early check-ins are possible by prior arrangement only and that extra fees apply.
- Departure time : Strictly 10 a.m. Please note that later check-out is possible by prior arrangement only and that extra fees apply.
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Linen & towels included? : Included.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of £75 per pet per week will apply (paid locally).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. Please leave the property in the same state you found it. Oven and BBQ must be cleaned after use and rubbish must be disposed of. Any extra cleaning, laundry and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : Bike Hire on site: €50/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : For insurance purposes, all exterior doors and windows must be locked when away from the property. The owner of the property will not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or consequential losses due to theft or any other security related incidents.
- Minimum stay : 5 nights from approximately beginning October to mid-April. 7 nights during all other periods.
- Changeover day : Saturday in high season, flexible in low season.