Luxurious Estate with Renowed Winery and Art Gallery
The Languedoc doesn’t really get better than this…imagine arriving at your own working vineyard, then entering a Maison de Maître dating back to before the French Revolution with a surprising Art Deco wing, two hectares of private parkland dotted with lavender, pine and centennial trees, a swimming pool to die for, and all surrounded by the estate’s own endless vines.
A gift package of the estate’s award-winning wines welcomes you. Push open the antique door of the Maison de Maître and discover a beautiful mix of luxury and history; a sitting-room with fireplace, library, cinema room, well-equipped kitchen, dining room and sumptuous bedrooms, each with their own unique style and historic artwork, which add a touch of 1817, when one of Napoleon’s generals lived here.
The Art Deco wing, in contrast, features an impressive Art Deco staircase, a stunning main salon with fireplace and grand piano,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Domaine Art et Vin is set in a 175 acre estate of vineyards, winery and parkland, in the Hérault countryside between Pezanas (12km) and Mèze (10km). Wine tasting tours of the vineyards and winery are available as part of your stay and there are numerous walks that start from the domaine including the ancient Roman route of Via Domitia which passes one kilometre away. Cyclists can borrow one of the bikes available to head to the nearest village of Montagnac (6km) or explore further afield on one of the many cycling routes in the area. The closest village (6km) is very picturesque with some interesting shops, a handful of rural French bars and restaurants and a pretty medieval church worthy of a visit. Historic Pézenas (12km) is also just a short drive away, a great place to spend some time wandering around the town’s art galleries and antique shops or stopping for a bite to eat in one of the many good restaurants. Within ten minutes drive you can be on the water’s edge at Étang de Thau, one of the impressive lagoons along this part of the coast. The water is famous for oysters and the villa owners can arrange a fantastic boat trip from the village of Marseillan (16km) to the oyster beds of Bouzigues. Of course you can enjoy some excellent sea-food in the fishing villages dotted around Étang de Thau, including nearby Mèze (10km) where you will also find a variety of watersports, a weekly market and lots of local events. The unspoilt and authentic town of Sète (30km) has long sandy beaches and there are further seaside resorts at Marseillan Plage (23km) and Cap d’Agade (30km), with more watersports available. The city of Montpellier (45km) is the region’s capital and full of stunning plazas, great shops and historical sites. Other places worthy of a day trip include the magnificent fortified town of Carcassone (120km), the impressive Roman aquaduct at Pont du Gard (120km) and one of the most beautiful villages in France, Saint Guilhem le Désert (40km), all three of them are UNESCO World Heritage sites. There are activities for young and old nearby, from kite-surfing in Marseillan to yachting in Mèze, and golf lovers have a choice of courses in the Languedoc. There are plenty of marked trails for walking and bike rides and there is horse-riding within a few minutes. You may also like to watch the popular and traditional sport of water jousting which takes place throughout the summer with competitions between local seaside towns. Finally, dinosaur lovers have the choice of the nearby Dinosaur museum, just ten minutes drive away or the Dino-Park within 30 kilometres, both open from April to October.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1,500 to be paid by credit card on arrival.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Mid-week towel change is also included.
- Pets welcome? : On request, subject to owner's agreement.
- Changeover day : Flexible (excluding July and August when it is Saturday).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-week cleaning is also included.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. Short breaks of 3 nights minimum are on request only and only permitted outside the peak season.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are allowed.
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : The six guest price includes the use of the Maison de Maître only and applies only outside the peak season