Peaceful 3-Bedroom Country Home Among Lavender Fields
La Maison des Moines is near enough to the Dordogne for foie gras and great wines, whilst benefiting from the warmer and drier climate of the Lot. But this unique home could be anywhere - what it has to offer starts with its rich history and ends with everything both inside and outside its thick, stone walls.
The story began in the 16th century when it first started to be the home of monks and priests. For centuries they taught music in the presbyter and held performances in the barn, come theatre. It continued until modern times to be an important meeting and entertainment place for the community and the locals, in the nearby village of only 400 inhabitants, still reminisce fondly about the good times.
It’s modern day version began with a dream…the dream of a family who discovered this beautiful and spiritual building and who decided to restore it and create an oasis of peace and calm, a retreat where to...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
There is plenty to do and see in the area too. A world-class golf course is only a 10-minute drive away, as are many other activities. Within reach are local restaurants and wineries, typical markets, brocantes and festivals as well as the quaint villages of Eymet, Issigeac, Castillonenès and towns such as Bergerac and Sainte-Foy-La-Grande, with its fabulous market, or Marmande the tomato capital of France and home to its own Nôtre Dame. Explore the Dordogne along the river via Lalinde and Trémolat, then through the pretty Vallée de la Vézère, Les Eyzies de Tayac and Sarlat-la-Canéde. It is even possible to drive to the Atlantic and visit Arcachon and the tallest dune in Europe, in Pyla.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Central heating not included.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including down duvets and pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Friday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pool heating charge? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Tax : 0,40 € per adult per day. Adjusted as required by law.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and subject to prior agreement with the owner and to an additional contract addendum which must also be signed prior to arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Wedding. stag/hen parties are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms before the arrival.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all renters purchase a travel insurance.