Douro Valley Idyllic Villa with Natural Light
There is a saying that travelling is the best form of education and we believe that a stay in this cleverly converted schoolhouse will be the best way for you to discover all the joys and delights that abound in the Douro Valley.
With incomparable views across the steeped terraces of the valley, there is no denying that every guest will let loose their inner student to embrace the task of yearning how to unwind and relax at this vintage property with a contemporary twist.
The clean lines of the architecture help to draw the eye to the reason you’re here - the magnificent views of the Douro Valley that are ever present from all the rooms and the peaceful garden and pool area.
With quirky design details - reminiscent of days in the classroom and lots of modern comfort - days and nights take on a tranquil tone of pampering and relaxing. The magnificent daily breakfast - prepared lovingly with local...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
No Pets Allowed
Perched on a magnificent hillside overlooking the steep terraces of the famed Douro Valley, just 150 meters from the village of Gouvães do Douro.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- - Welcome bottle of port
- - Daily continental breakfast
- - Housekeeping: change of linens and bathroom clean-up as needed 2-3 times a week (more frequency €).
- Know Before You Go
- - We absolutely loved the fantastic daily breakfast with all the wonderful homemade options.
- - The housekeeper is available to cook regional specialty dinners at an additional cost, (€) we highly recommend this service.
- - Neighboring 3-bedroom home is available for larger groups
- - Swimming pool is not heated but gets a lot of sun
- - Chef for meals in the villa (€)
- - Dinner with a wine expert available (€)
- - The owner is very enthusiastic to show off the best the area has to offer and can easily organize typical Portuguese music, dancing and “folklore” shows (€) in addition to lots of regional activities and tours (€)