Striking 16th Century Manor House near Quinta da Covela
The best way to appreciate the hypnotic meandering of Portugal’s Douro River is from up high accompanied by a glass of Douro Valley’s finest wine. And nowhere quite competes for extraordinary views of the Douro than this modern 4-bedroom family home, located just 5 minutes on foot from the world-renowned Quinta da Covela winery estate, .
Housed behind the enchanting façade of an original 16th-century manor house, the winery once belonged to the late Manoel de Oliveira, a prominent Portuguese film director and screenwriter.
In contrast to the Renaissance style of the winery, this home is distinctly modern, comfortable and peppered with art and photography. The architectural design pays homage to the stunning views the home’s hilltop location yields. You’ll find a balcony with patio doors that run the length of the home and a pool where you feel — quite literally — like you are living on the leading edge of style.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
Beds & Bath
Outdoor Dining Area
No Pets Allowed
A fabulous choice for exploring the Douro River Valley.
Let’s try that again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Included in this Douro rental:
- - Daily housekeeping (1 hr)
- - Simple breakfast of bread, cheese, jam and yogurt
- Know Before You Go:
- - Pool area not ideal for very small children
- - Bathrooms are a little dark and small but lovely and modern
- - Can be quite chilly at night even in summer
- - When staying during the summer months, you should certainly consider the Dinner and Concert Experience offered at the Quinta da Covela winery just 5 minutes away.