Mesmerizing 18th Century Manor House with Wine Cellar
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- 12 Guests
This wonderful Portuguese mansion was built in 1771 and recently restored using traditional materials to maintain the loving vibe of the family who painstakingly brought it back to its present state. The idea here is to enjoy mesmerizing views, wander through the vineyards and live outdoors as much as in.
The Douro Valley is all about wine. The entire region is a wine lover’s paradise and this home is no exception. Wine takes centre stage with 5 well-maintained hectares of vineyards and an old wine cellar with huge antique wine barrels. There’s even a unique gym cleverly housed in the old granite tanks where the grapes used to be pressed! Even while working out you can still be inspired by wine!
If you visit at harvest time – be sure to participate in the vendima. The gardens afford outstanding 180-degree views of the river and valley. The pool, lawns and BBQ areas all make for exceptional places to lap up the...
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
No Pets Allowed
Washer On Property
Air Conditioning: Central
Dryer On Property
Outdoor Dining Area
Daily Housekeeping: Included
The beauty of the Douro Valley not only lies in the vast hectares of steep hills planted with Portugal’s most valuable vineyards, but in the mesmerizing Douro River.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made 11 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- - Daily housekeeping (2 housekeepers, 4 hours/day)
- - Breakfast
- - Linen changes once a week
- - 24/7 Ambassador service (concierge)
- - Itinerary planning, pre- and post-arrival
- - Wi-Fi
- Know Before You Go:
- - Steep terrain around the property means some uphill ambles
- - Rubber-soled, low-heeled shoes are advised
- - Young children will require supervision as the home boasts 5 hectares of terraced vineyards without fences
- - TV only by request
- - Wi-Fi connection in first living room only
- - A security deposit might be required after booking confirmation (PT0004)