Incredible Villa wtih Mountainous Views and Pool
Petronella is comfortably perched 2000ft up in the air with stunning views over the Appenine Mountains and Mt Accuto, just 8km from the medieval town of Gubbio. Owned by an artist and architect, this 17th century farmhouse has been beautifully restored and enjoys an incredibly luxurious interior with plenty of light and space. The double height ceilings with exposed wooden beams and gorgeous stone exterior ensure the history and character of the property is preserved.
The house accommodates 6 guests across 3 generous en-suite bedrooms housing large bath tubs, showers and bidets. There is also a double sofa bed in one of the living rooms, suitable for a further 2 guests. There is a large eat-in kitchen stocked with everything you’ll need for cooking up a feast with direct access outside to the al fresco dining area, making serving a breeze.
A large double height sitting room with large comfortable sofas...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
12 km down the road is the beautiful medieval town of Gubbio, an ancient Umbrian stronghold and renowned ceramics centre of Italy with shops selling traditional pottery and ironwork. The grand piazza is a real showpiece and every May the Corsa dei Ceri festival takes place here. At one end of the piazza is the 14th-century Palazzo dei Consoli which can be seen all across the town and houses the archeological museum. Nearby, Monte Cucco National Park sits 1566 metres above sea level featuring beechwood forests, rocky cliffs and picturesque gorges. It’s renowned for its karstic cave systems and is ideal for getting adventurous with activities such as: canyoning, horse treks, mountain biking, paragliding and caving. Easy excursions from the property include: Assisi (housing the beautiful frescoes by Giotto); Arezzo, Monterchi and San Sepolcro to see the Piero della Francescas; and the gorgeous hill towns of Perugia, Spello, Orvieto, Todi, Montefalco Spoleto and Urbino. The Adriatic seaside resort of Fano is a 45 min drive. There is an abundance of animal and bird life to be seen around the house, with eagles and buzzards soaring overhead and in the spring and early summer a family of falcons nest above the front door.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Security deposit :
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra £100, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property sleeps 6 guests comfortably, whilst a further 2 guests may be accommodated in sofa beds. Please see the 'Features' tab for full details.
- Other Ts and Cs : A highchair is available on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.