Majestic Hillside Villa overlooking the Lake with a Stunning Pool and Lawns
Villa Volsini stands out for being featured in The Times in the "Top 10 Villas in Italy 2019", certainly a priceless recognition.
Villa Volsini, stretching majestically across the hillside, truly holds something for everyone, with perfectly manicured lawns and a stunning private pool surrounding the traditional manor house, overlooking the beautiful Lake Bolsena.
Tucked away in the picturesque countryside in between Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio, arrival at the villa will bring you along a fine avenue of cypress trees, to the courtyard with plenty of parking. Within the home, you will find a distinct character and sense of comfort. On the ground floor, there are three main rooms: a spacious, modern kitchen with adjoining dining area, a large traditional sitting room with leather armchairs and an open fireplace and a fabulous lounge area with a sofa and satellite TV. The kitchen is equipped with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Nestled in the sensational countryside of farms, forests, vineyards and ancient hamlets, sewn together by the infinite winding of the River Tiber, the calm, tranquil surroundings are perfect for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Located almost perfectly centrally between the vibrant cities of Florence and Rome, Villa Volsini is in perhaps the most beautiful part of the country: right in the middle of ‘Italy’s green heart’! Indeed, while you will feel utterly isolated and at one with the natural world, shops, restaurants and markets are just a 4km drive away, in Grotte di Castro. The location is fantastic for a wine tasting, as a world-famous wine producing region, with exceptional wines coming from the Orvieto region and of course the wondrous taste of Sagrantino di Montefalco, rivaling the famous hearty reds produced in Tuscany, just over the border. If you’re in search of outdoor pursuits, Lake Bolsena is 10km away, and the nearby Valnerina is an excellent centre for kayaking, white-water rafting, and other adventure sports. As well as this, the Pratomagno mountain range is not too far away, nor is the 300-acre natural park near Reggello, both perfect for a little exercise and enjoying nature. Furthermore, the delightful UNESCO World Heritage site of Civita di Bagnoregio, a medieval town known as the 'Dying City', sits atop a constantly eroding volcanic rock very nearby and is well worth a visit.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 payable in cash, upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath & pool towels are included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed
- Changeover day : Saturday
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Heating costs included? : Heating is available at an additional cost of €50 per week
- Tax : Tourist Tax included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Other Ts and Cs : Travel cot and a high chair available on request
- Security deposit :