Exclusive Villa with Amazing Castle Views and a Pool
Set in the Tuscan hills between Cortona and Mercatale, the exquisite Villa Sartino is the ideal retreat for those wishing to enjoy idyllic and peaceful surroundings in extreme comfort.
Designed and renovated by a renowned UK interior designer, Villa Sartino exudes sophistication and tranquillity. The villa enjoys lots of space both internally and externally. Large showers, wood beams, oak ceilings and stone doorways all assist in combining to create a unique, luxurious getaway.
The spacious kitchen/dining room, provides the latest equipment in elegant surroundings. Through two ancient Roman capitols you leave the kitchen and enter the large hall and from there, the double doors open onto an exquisite arched loggia. The huge table of reclaimed oak is a wonderful place to enjoy lunch and look down on the olive groves and the infinity pool below.
Each bedroom and bathroom is dedicated to comfort without losing any...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Set in the Tuscan hills between Cortona and Mercatale, the exquisite Villa Sartino is the ideal retreat for those wishing to enjoy idyllic and peaceful surroundings in extreme comfort. Set within its own meadows and olive groves, a private lake and numerous woodland walks, it is still within easy reach of many of the major Tuscan and Umbrian towns. Niccone Valley The picturesque Niccone Valley is the perfect, central point from which to explore the hill towns of both Umbria and Tuscany. Located roughly midway between Rome and Florence, just north of Lake Trasimeno, it’s an easy drive to the historic cities of Cortona, Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Deruta, Montefalco, Spoleto, Spello, Todi, Montepulciano, Pienza, Siena, Umbertide, Città di Castello, Sansepolcro and others. The Niccone Valley is named for the stream that flows through it, spilling into the Tiber River at its eastern terminus near Umbertide. Part of the valley is in Umbria and part is in Tuscany; at either end are the Umbrian towns of Lisciano Niccone and plain Niccone, and a small section from Mercatale to La Mita is in Tuscany. A country road, route 416, runs through the valley, roughly parallel to the stream. The valley was a much travelled route throughout Italy’s history, and evidence of its strategic position can be seen in the castles that dot the hilltops, facing off from both sides across the border. Today the fertile plain is devoted to crops—winter wheat, sunflowers, maize, tobacco, alfalfa and vegetables. There are vineyards and silvery olive trees on the slopes and myriad shades of green in the surrounding forested hills. Farmers still raise animals and maintain kitchen gardens for their own needs, and the towns along the road supply what must be bought.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £3000 payable by credit card pre-authorization required prior to arrival
- Arrival time : 4 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels included in the rental price
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Heating costs included? : Central heating during low season is charged at £575 per week
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Other Ts and Cs : Basket of logs included in the welcome pack
- Pool heating charge? : Included in the rental price
- Other 2 : Pool is open from 19th May to 15th September (possibility to keep it open for the final two weeks of September with no extra charge). Out of season opening may incur an extra charge
- Changeover day : Flexible in low season. Saturday in high season (other days may be possible on request only - please enquire).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.