Exclusive Villa with Amazing Castle Views and a Pool
Set in the Tuscan hills between Cortona and Mercatale, the exquisite Villa Sartino is the ideal retreat for those wishing to enjoy idyllic and peaceful surroundings in extreme comfort.
Designed and renovated by a renowned UK interior designer, Villa Sartino exudes sophistication and tranquillity. The villa enjoys lots of space both internally and externally. Large showers, wood beams, oak ceilings and stone doorways all assist in combining to create a unique, luxurious getaway.
The spacious kitchen/dining room, provides the latest equipment in elegant surroundings. Through two ancient Roman capitols you leave the kitchen and enter the large hall and from there, the double doors open onto an exquisite arched loggia. The huge table of reclaimed oak is a wonderful place to enjoy lunch and look down on the olive groves and the infinity pool below.
Each bedroom and bathroom is dedicated to comfort without losing any...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Set in the Tuscan hills between Cortona and Mercatale, the exquisite Villa Sartino is the ideal retreat for those wishing to enjoy idyllic and peaceful surroundings in extreme comfort. Set within its own meadows and olive groves, a private lake and numerous woodland walks, it is still within easy reach of many of the major Tuscan and Umbrian towns. <b>Niccone Valley</b> The picturesque Niccone Valley is the perfect, central point from which to explore the hill towns of both Umbria and Tuscany. Located roughly midway between Rome and Florence, just north of Lake Trasimeno, it’s an easy drive to the historic cities of Cortona, Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Deruta, Montefalco, Spoleto, Spello, Todi, Montepulciano, Pienza, Siena, Umbertide, Città di Castello, Sansepolcro and others. The Niccone Valley is named for the stream that flows through it, spilling into the Tiber River at its eastern terminus near Umbertide. Part of the valley is in Umbria and part is in Tuscany; at either end are the Umbrian towns of Lisciano Niccone and plain Niccone, and a small section from Mercatale to La Mita is in Tuscany. A country road, route 416, runs through the valley, roughly parallel to the stream. The valley was a much travelled route throughout Italy’s history, and evidence of its strategic position can be seen in the castles that dot the hilltops, facing off from both sides across the border. Today the fertile plain is devoted to crops—winter wheat, sunflowers, maize, tobacco, alfalfa and vegetables. There are vineyards and silvery olive trees on the slopes and myriad shades of green in the surrounding forested hills. Farmers still raise animals and maintain kitchen gardens for their own needs, and the towns along the road supply what must be bought.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £3000 payable by credit card pre-authorization required prior to arrival
- Arrival time : 4 pm.
- Departure time : 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Heating costs included? : Extra £575 per week, payable locally.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Basket of logs included in the welcome pack.
- Pool heating charge? : Included in the rental price.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately mid-May to mid-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Changeover day : Saturday from end-May to end-September. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : There are 2 portable air conditioning units to be installed on request. Fans available in each bedroom