Stunning Cliffside Villa Steps from Beach with Sparkling Pool
Villa Aveiro is a stunning holiday home that sits at the foot of a cliff, nestled in the beautiful Madeiran countryside that has its own banana plantation as well as outstanding panoramic views. The home is a converted farmers barn with glorious views over the beach and horizon. Villa Aveiro lies close to its two sister villas in the picturesque area of Calheta. With a backdrop of dramatic green hills, the villa provides awe-inspiring views to wake up to daily. In the garden, the sparkling pool lies in between radiant flowers and exotic banana and mango trees. There are also small seating areas and sun loungers placed poolside, a wonderful place for guests to enjoy al fresco dining under the dazzling daytime sun and starry night sky. The open plan living and dining room benefit from splashes of vivid colour and prints as well as bursts of natural light from the floor length doors leading poolside. The charming room sees a rustic brick...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
While staying at Villa Aveiro, the Art Gallery of Prazeres is a must visit for art lovers. The local gallery only opens at weekends and is a fantastic cultural hub celebrating the island of Madeira. The art gallery focuses on displaying unique and dynamic works and producing cultural events that represent the island. The venue showcases art from local, national and international artists and aims to contribute to the local Madeiran community. Calheta Beach is a man-made beach created in 2004. The beach is in a quieter area where locals and tourists both sunbathe. The calming atmosphere is complemented by the many surrounding restaurants and bars where you can indulge in some traditional island cuisine. Madalena do Mar is the nearest village and lies along the coastline. With stunning views over the sea and the cliffs, the fishing village consists of magnificent hills flourishing with trees, plants and flowers. The area is also known for having the largest banana plantations on the island. The village was named Madalena do Mar from a 15th century Polish prince called Henry Allemão who was given the land after losing a battle. The village provides an idyllic setting to indulge in a nature walk, taking in the beauty of your surroundings.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Please request - Pool Temperature of 24ºC is €140 per week, 25ºC is €160 per week & 26ºC is €180 per week. To be paid in cash on upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Parties are not permitted at this villa