Charming Cottage Steps from the Beach with Awe Inspiring Views and Private Pool
Casa Odlanor is a charming refurbished cottage that boasts an elegant white exterior with lovely bright colours. The home sits in a tranquil and private location and benefits from an artistic flair with colours inspired by Madeira’s old fishing cottages. Located 30 metres above the beach and sea, the views over the ocean are especially awe-inspiring from Casa Odlanor. Outside, elegant glass gates surround the pool area and lovely plants flourish in the outdoor area. A beautiful private pool sits beside a gorgeous seating area and bright blue sun loungers. You’ll be forgiven for completely losing track of time here, sun soaking in between taking dips in the pool. The living area leads out onto the pool terrace and is completely lit by natural light with stunning glass floor length doors overlooking the sea. The cosy area benefits from tasteful furniture and an open plan design with the dining area. This is an excellent place to enjoy...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
30 metres below Casa Odlanor, you will discover a glorious deserted pebble beach. The beach is public but it’s off the beaten track location makes it your own peaceful paradise. While staying at the villa, you will be only a short drive away from the town of Calheta. This town is widely known for producing ‘Aguardente,’ one of the world’s leading white rums. To learn more about this drink, head down to Engenho da Calheta, a local rum distillery where you can learn everything there is to know about this timeless drink and try a few samples. Ponta do Pargo Lighthouse also lies in Calheta. The lighthouse boasts an epic view from its clifftop location that looks magnificent during a clear day or at sunset where the lighthouse lights up as the sun goes down. From this high up, you can gaze over the Atlantic ocean and horizon as well as the lush surrounding greenery. Inside the lighthouse lies a museum where you can discover the history of the place through images. Mudas Contemporary Art Museum in Calheta has a fantastic display of modern artworks from upcoming artists. The museum’s building benefits from contemporary architecture that is exceptionally unique and modern – something that catches the eye before you even enter. Mudas sits on a steep hill but is well worth the climb to get to it. When you’ve taken in all of the works, the site has a restaurant where you can enjoy a cool drink and a bite to eat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Please request - Pool Temperature of 24ºC is €140 per week, 25ºC is €170 per week & 26ºC is €200 per week. To be paid in cash on upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Parties are not permitted at this villa