Fabulous Hillside Villa with Wonderful Views and Pool
Boasting a fantastic setting within a hillside residential area and overlooking the sea at Calheta on Madeira’s southwest coast is contemporary Villa Jasminum. This holiday home has been transformed from an old farmhouse cottage into a luxurious place to enjoy family time. A chic, minimalist style runs throughout the villa, with beautiful attention to detail in every room. The quality furnishings and facilities make Villa Jasminum a comfortable holiday base that fully caters to your needs. There’s also plenty of outside space to enjoy, with several different areas in which to soak up the wonderful sea and countryside views. On the ground floor is where you’ll find the great living/dining space, which is open-plan and features patio doors that open directly onto the outside space. The lounge area has a comfortable corner sofa and a television for enjoying some relaxed downtime. By more patio doors is the dining table that seats up to six...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Just a short walk or drive away from the villa are several cafés, restaurants and bars. An even greater choice can be found down by the waterfront, which is less than 10 minutes away from the villa by car. This area is where most of the town’s lively activity happens. Dolphin and whale-watching boats regularly leave from the marina, giving you the chance to spot a variety of beautiful marine life. By the marina is one of the few sandy beaches that can be found in Madeira. Generally, the beaches on the island are volcanic and feature black sand or pebbles. Calheta was the first place to have an artificial beach when sand was brought in from Morocco. It’s a nice place to enjoy a few hours by the sea, with the water here being mostly calm and safe for swimming. It’s also perfect for a range of watersports, such as windsurfing, waterskiing, scuba diving and canoeing. You can hire sun loungers to simply lie back and let the sounds of the sea wash over you. Also down by the coast is Casa das Mundas, a clifftop museum that’s full of fantastic contemporary art. Another place to tick off your list when enjoying a day out in the town is Engenho da Calheta. Take a tour around this working sugar cane factory to find out how Madeira rum is made. It’s a 40-minute drive to Madeira’s capital city, Funchal. There’s plenty to see and do here, including several botanical gardens and a cable car that takes you right up a mountain for spectacular sea views. Also be sure to visit the old town area for a dose of history.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Please request - Pool Temperature of 24ºC is €140 per week, 25ºC is €170 per week & 26ºC is €200 per week. To be paid in cash on upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Parties are not permitted at this villa
- Other 2 : Cot & High Chair available upon request