Modern Villa with Ocean Views, Terrace, and Pool
This delightful modern villa is situated in the beautiful Arco da Calheta on the southwest coast of Madeira, an area rich in nature and famed for its magnificent microclimate. One of the oldest towns on the Island, you’ll find historic churches filled with fine Portuguese artworks and some of the most awe-inspiring hiking trails in Madeira. Sleeping up to six guests in stylish comfort, families or groups of friends will love to get away from the hustle and bustle and step into mother nature’s very own backyard. As you enter the villa you’ll be greeted by a large open-plan living area bathed in natural light through a series of glass doors that invite spectacular views out over the surrounding countryside and the alluring Atlantic Ocean below. With lovely attention to detail through contemporary design features – including sleek wooden floors, stylish furniture and modern artwork on the walls, this room is the perfect place in which to...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The Villa is situated in the Sitio Ladeira das Voltas, located in the upper area of Arco Da Calheta on the quiet southwest coast of Madeira. This lovely traditional village sits proudly in the lush hillside surrounded by banana plantations and vineyards, facing out to the glistening Atlantic Ocean below. Its location is Ideal for exploring the local hiking trails and enjoying the various beaches nearby. This area even benefits from its own microclimate ensuring plenty of sunshine throughout the whole year. Just a short drive down the road the lower region of Calheta and the village itself offers an array of shops, delicious seafood restaurants, pretty churches and a modern marina. This lovely area, although still relatively quiet, is a popular spot due to its beautiful sandy beaches, some of the first man-made beaches on the Island in fact, with sand imported from Morocco. This, as well as the crystal-clear water make it an ideal destination for families, with a wide variety of activities on offer including snorkelling, paragliding, windsurfing and surfing, as well as whale and dolphin watching tours. Also be sure to join a free tour of the Sugar Cane museum here, where the delicious local rum is produced. There are a wide range of activities on offer throughout the Island, but one that really shouldn’t be missed is the 2,092 kilometres of hiking trails along narrow stone irrigation channels known as levadas, which cut across Madeira's lush mountainous countryside into the Laurisilva forest. With stunning Ocean vistas and spectacular waterfalls amongst some of the jaw-dropping views on offer, you’ll love to immerse yourself in the abundance of nature that abounds along these routes. In fact, three beautiful trails can be found within easy reach of your villa. If it’s a more dynamic activity you’re after, 4x4 tours across the Island are a must. The volcanic origin of the island has contributed to the formation of some mind-blowing landscapes, with only around a third of the island being inhabited and mostly along the coast, so exploring beautiful untouched terrain in an adrenaline-pumping ride is a fantastic way to see the Island. For more gentle activities, perhaps try a wine tasting tour on the south coast of the Island, or a day trip to the historic Capital of Funchal with its charming old town. However, you or your family like to spend your time on holiday, you are sure to find it here in beautiful Madeira.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €200, charged to clients' credit card 48 hours prior to the arrival and refunded in full after departure, subject to full damage inspection
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : €90 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : €35 per day, to be paid in cash upon arrival