Delightful Villa with Spectacular Ocean Views, Dazzling Pool, and Terrace
This lovely modern villa is situated in a quiet family-friendly neighbourhood in the picturesque village of Madalena do Mar. This charming fishing village on the southwest coast of Madeira provides a variety of attractions, from quaint restaurants serving delicious seafood, historic buildings set amongst lush scenery and a pretty pebble beach on which to soak up the year-round Madeiran sun, all just moments from the villa. And with the more vibrant Calheta just a ten-minute drive away you will have plenty to keep the whole family amused. Sleeping up to eight guests, this stylish abode will immediately put guests at ease with its bright open spaces, fresh contemporary décor and sleek design finishes. The ground floor encompasses a delightful open plan living area providing various spots in which to relax and entertain. A large dining table, smart modern kitchen with a breakfast bar and a comfortable seating area all benefit from the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Madalena do Mar is a charming fishing village found on the southwest coast of Madeira, where Banana Plantations abound, providing a lush landscape visitor will love to get out and explore. Backed by majestic mountains this coastal gem boasts fantastic views both of the Atlantic Ocean and the stunning countryside that surrounds it. The pretty pebble beach with its attractive promenade is the perfect spot in which to while away the afternoons before heading to one of the lovely traditional seafood restaurants to enjoy some locally caught limpets, a traditional delicacy. Just 8km down the road you can find the livelier coastal town of Calheta. This lovely area is a very popular spot due to its beautiful sandy beaches, some of the first man-made beaches on the Island, as well as the crystal-clear water, where a variety of activities are on offer from snorkelling to surfing as well as some fantastic whale watching tours. For a great afternoon activity in the town be sure to visit the sugar cane museum and working factory where you’ll not want to miss the complementary slice of delicious traditional honey cake and glass of Poncha. There are a wide range of activities on offer on the Island, but one that has visitors travel from around the globe to experience, is the 2,092 kilometres of narrow stone irrigation channels known as levadas, criss-crossing Madeira's lush mountainous countryside into the Laurisilva forest. These hiking trails offer the most outstanding views and vary in abilities. In fact, three stunning trails can be found within easy reach of your villa. If it’s the more dynamic activities you’re after, perhaps make the most of these wonderful terrains by partaking in one of the many mountain-bike trails that plunge and ascend this beautiful landscape, or throw yourself into some adrenaline-pumping canyoning, which will have you shooting over cascades and abseiling down beautiful waterfalls. For the more serene, perhaps a wine tasting tour on the south coast of the Island, or a day trip to the historic Capital of Funchal is the perfect way to spend your time. Whatever your itinerary, the beautiful Island of Madeira with its year-round sunshine really does have something for everyone.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €200, charged to clients' credit card 48 hours prior to the arrival and refunded in full after departure, subject to full damage inspection
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : €90 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : €35 per day, to be paid in cash upon arrival