Picturesque Villa with Stunning Sea Views, Pool, and Beach Nearby
This wonderful modern villa, surrounded by lush banana plantations and pretty vineyards with spectacular views of the Atlantic, is situated in a quiet neighbourhood in the charming coastal village of Madalena do Mar. This picturesque fishing village on the quiet southwest coast of Madeira provides many attractions, from quaint restaurants serving delicious seafood and fantastic local wine, to historic buildings set amongst lush green scenery and a delightful pebble beach on which to soak up the year-round climate this special part of the world offers. And with the town of Calheta just a ten-minute drive away, with its golden sandy beach, modern marina and array of water sports available, you will have plenty to explore within easy reach. Sleeping up to eight guests (six adults), this stylish villa offers bright open living spaces, all benefiting from incredible sea views, with comfortable contemporary furniture, elegant finishes and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
Beds & Bath
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Madalena do Mar is a picturesque fishing village found on the southwest coast of Madeira, where Banana Plantations and vineyards provide a luscious green landscape backed by majestic mountains, meeting the azure waters of the Atlantic. This quiet corner of Madeira also benefits from its own microclimate ensuring year-round sunshine and balmy temperatures. The village offers a lovely selection of restaurants, where you’ll love to try the fresh seafood brought in by the local fishing boats, there are also a good selection of shops, as well as a pretty little pebble beach dotted with charming bars and cafes. You are ideally situated to explore all aspects of the Island from here. An idyllic day out can be found just 27km east in the historic capital of Funchal. A vibrant promenade with a lovely selection of beachfront bars is the perfect place for an afternoon stroll, before taking the twenty-minute cable-car ride up to Monte where you’ll find the world-renowned Monte Palace Tropical Gardens. To get down to the old town, the essential mode of transport is the traditional wicker taboggan run that will get your blood pumping just enough to deserve a glass of Poncho on your arrival. Here you’ll enjoy a picturesque setting of narrow cobblestone streets lined by aged buildings dating back to the 15th century. You’ll find a great variety of shops, bars and restaurants offering up culinary delights from mouth-watering tapas to heavenly honey cake, not forgetting that glass of delicious Madeiran wine. And for football fans, the museum honouring Portugal’s favourite son Christiano Ronaldo is well worth a visit. There are such a diverse range of activities on offer on the Island, but one that has visitors travelling from around the world to experience is the 2,092 kilometres of narrow stone irrigation channels known as levadas, cutting their way across Madeira's lush mountainous countryside into the Laurisilva forest. These hiking trails offer the most outstanding views, taking you to hidden waterfalls and panoramic vistas. In fact, three stunning trails can be found within easy reach of your villa, so don’t forget appropriate footwear. If it’s the more thrill-seeking activities you’re after then try your hand at one of the many mountain-bike trails that plunge and ascend this beautiful landscape, or throw yourself into some adrenaline-pumping canyoning, which will have you shooting over cascades and abseiling down beautiful waterfalls. Some fantastic surf can also be found just a short drive from the villa, where some magnificent waves appear from October to March. For the more serene, perhaps a wine tasting tour on the south coast of the Island, a visit to one of the Island’s many sugar cane factories or a relaxing day trip to the black lava bathing pools in the north is in order. However, you like to send your time on holiday, with Madeira’s dynamic landscape and year-round climate, you’ll find something for everyone.
Let’s try that again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €200, charged to clients' credit card 48 hours prior to the arrival and refunded in full after departure, subject to full damage inspection
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : €80 to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Tax : Included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 5 nights
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Allowed? : Smoking & Vaping is not permitted inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : €35 per day, to be paid in cash upon arrival