Beautiful, Historic Countryside Villa with Pool
The Old World is alive at this historic villa in Umbria, whose ancient stone courtyard is surrounded by meadows, woods vineyards, and olive groves. A recent restoration has welcomed this abandoned 11th century church and 18th century farmhouse into the present; now the property enjoys a second life as a working organic farm. Inside you’ll find old stone walls, standing in perfect contrast with the plush furniture and modern fixtures. Especially stunning - the grand piano, shining beneath the old beams of a vaulted ceiling!
Weddings are nothing short of spectacular here, whether your guests join you the chapel (seating up to 60) or outside among either fields or ancient flagstone. We’re happy to help arrange catering, flowers, and other services - see the Events page for full details. Guests will find innumerable spots to reconnect, and (of course) photograph; from the pergola in the garden to the old stone fountain.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Children’s Play Area
Barbeque Grill: Charcoal
Villa Chiesa is located in the heart of Umbria, only 20 minutes north of the cosmopolitan city of Perugia and close to the borders of Tuscany. It is located at the foot of Monte Tezio in a protected valley where the wildlife is abundant and nature is thriving. The views from all directions are stunning. To the south is Monte Subasio and the town of Assisi. To the west is the ancient castle of Antognolla, and to the north are woodlands and the mountains ranges of the Appenines. The valley itself is outstanding in natural beauty. The mountains of Monte Tezio rise high above it, and forests and olive groves follow down to the valley where there are beautiful streams and a wonderful vineyard. This is great countryside for horse riding and walking as well as for trying local food and wine. Villa Chiesa is very well located to the amenities of the local area. It is only 1 km from the small village of La Bruna. The village of Pierantonio is a 5 minute drive, and the larger market town of Umbertide is a ten minute drive. All of these towns have shops, restaurants, banks and more and are easy to reach. The main road of the E45 is only a 5 minute drive away and allows guests to visit the many attractions of the nearby area as well as in Tuscany, Le Marche and southern Umbria. Visitors to the area are able to enjoy the highlights of Assisi and Gubbio. It is very much a thriving local area. There is a vibrant market weekly in Umbertide. Wild boar hunts take place in the valley weekly in the season, and many local fiestas are held throughout the year. Visitors are very much welcomed. The University city of Perugia is only a 20 minute drive and provides all the larger services such as rail, bus and air connections as well as the famous festivals such as Umbria Jazz. Only 2 km from the property is Antognolla Golf Estate, which boasts a challenging golf course and a wonderful restaurant. Lake Trasimeno is a short half hour drive and there guests can enjoy a large variety of watersports, take a ferry across to one of the Islands, visit many of the lovely towns that surround the lake and eat at some of the wonderful restaurants that serve fresh lake fish.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Disabled parking Spot
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : Credit card guarantee.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.
- Departure time : 8.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : No.
- > If not included, what are they? : Based on metered usage.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.