Opulent Villa with Inviting Pool, Waterfall, and River
A lovingly restored former mill dating back to 1500, Bacchereto Millhouse is an enchanting Tuscan villa in an exceptionally scenic area within easy reach of Florence, the jewel in Tuscany’s crown. Immersed in a lush, mature garden with woodland trails to explore around it, the mill feels like an oasis of calm with its beautiful pool, wide terraces and elegant interiors.
The picturesque approach to the villa along a winding country road through trees, vineyards and fields of olive and cypress trees is just a prelude to the magical setting of the mill. The glorious sound of leaves swirling in the wind greets you as you arrive at your impressive holiday home and the sight of the verdant gardens and inviting pool is the moment you will truly start to unwind.
Inside, the villa is equally charming with its welcoming living space and elegant style. Restored original features are cleverly combined with contemporary...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Bacchereto Millhouse is located in a scenic and fertile area of Tuscany dating back to Etruscan times, famous for its Carmignano red wine. A Medici family game reserve during the Renaissance and now a UNESCO World Heritage site, the area continues to allure visitors to its wonderful wineries, excellent restaurants and stunning countryside. Some of the best sites in Tuscany are reachable within an hour of the villa so careful planning will be needed to choose everyone’s favourites. Florence is the nearest large town just 20km away, a must-see for its amazing collection of Renaissance art and architecture, a fantastic range of boutiques and a wide selection of restaurants. Take a funicular railway to the spa town of Montecatini Terme for its healing thermal springs and glorious views. Visit Pisa’s iconic leaning tower or give in to the allure of beautiful Lucca with its perfectly formed historical centre, its wide walls designed to protect it from invaders, now a pleasant place for a gelato, stroll or cycle. Restaurants, a supermarket and village shops are all easily accessible just a short drive from the villa, in the villages in the surrounding Montalbano hills. Good food plays a central role in Tuscan life so enter into the spirit, find a scenic spot, sip on Carmignano’s best wine and be sure to try the region’s best seasonal produce. From light tomato panzanella or fagioli bean dishes to wild boar stews and fresh pasta, all finished off with mouth-watering cantucci biscuits and Vin santo dessert wine, Tuscan cuisine cannot fail to disappoint.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €350 per week, paid locally.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.