Beautiful Villa with Sea Views and Pool
Set amid a lush, landscaped garden within view of the sea, Villa Marettimo is a dream for large groups who love contemporary comfort in a pleasant, countryside setting. Located in the fascinating north west corner of Sicily, the villa makes a good base for exploring an array of sights. Discover the nearby saltpans around Trapani, endless sandy beaches, the ancient hilltop town of Erice and the Egadi islands which are visible from the pool.
A gentle approach to the villa takes you along the coast through rural landscapes and beautiful open vistas. As you go through the villa gates, you enter an oasis of calm. A smooth, white, single storey structure, the villa is nestled amongst a variety of green palms, mature trees and immaculate lawns. Designed for making the most of the warm summer and unwinding in peace, an inviting pool takes centre stage, while terraces for dining and relaxing set the scene for meals and siestas.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Marettimo is situated on the north western Sicilian coast in a relatively untouched part of the island, just south of Trapani. The villa is named after one of the Egadi islands which can be seen on the horizon from the villa. Still wonderfully undiscovered yet easily accessible by hydrofoil from Trapani and Marsala, the islands of Marettimo, Favignana and Levanzo are well worth a visit for their attractive blue bays, countryside and marine reserve. The area around Trapani is known for its saltpans with their ancient windmills. The vast flat plains and piles of white salt is a mesmerising site. Here you can also spot migrating birds, including flamingos on their way to Africa as the area is a large nature reserve. For sea swimming and sand castles, head to the beaches which line the coast between Trapani and Marsala, the nearest to the villa being Marausa Lido. The historic centres of Trapani and Marsala are lovely for a stroll and gelato or coffee. Leave the car behind just outside Trapani and take a cable car to the medieval hill town of Erice. The views across the coastline to the islands on the journey up are breath-taking. At the top, you can visit a 12th-century castle, an array of churches and indulge on almond cakes, a local speciality. Within an hour drive are the impressive archaeological sites of Segesta and Selinunte which are an unmissable part of the holiday. For a taste of Sicily’s past, you can wander down ancient streets of cities since abandoned and marvel at impressive temples nestled in magnificent scenery.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm to 9 pm (late arrivals, 9 pm to 12 am, €30 extra fee).
- Departure time : 8 am to 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 400 Kwh per week.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Included up to 400 Kwh per week.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning included up to 400 Kwh per week.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from March to end-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.