Stylish 6-Bedroom Family Villa with Garden and Pool
Villas with enclosed pools are rare in Sicily but a stylish, family-friendly villa with a fenced-off pool near the beach is practically unheard of! It is, therefore, no surprise that Villa Caponegro is a hit with family groups. Part of a new generation of recent restorations, this villa is designed and furnished to contemporary taste, with added touches of luxury, making it a unique place to stay.
Just outside the coastal town of Avola in south-east Sicily, a country road leads through olive groves, citrus trees and farmhouses to the villa gates. Once inside the grounds, you will immediately feel like you have arrived in your own private oasis.
The sizeable garden with neat lawns and mature trees feels private and ideal for children to run around, while the stunning white villa has a visible range of enticing design features for enjoying the warm Sicilian summer to the max.
You can choose to spend your...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
For those who love combining the beach with trips to nature reserves and historic towns, Villa Caponegro makes a great base. Just under one hour south of Catania by car, the villa sits just outside the coastal town of Avola, a short distance from Gallina beach, the baroque town of Noto and the Cavagrande nature reserve. The nearest sandy beaches are family friendly, and all have parasols, sun loungers and casual beach bars. Although popular in summer, the beach stretches on for miles so you can always find parts which are less crowded. For those who love more natural, remote bathing, head to nearby Cavagrande del Cassibile nature reserve for its pools and waterfalls. The Vendicari nature reserve is just a bit further away and home to sand dunes, beaches and lagoons with a fantastic array of wildlife. Here you can also enjoy excellent walks along the coast. You may even spot migrating flamingos and nesting sea turtles on the shore. Within half an hour from the villa is the southernmost tip of the island at the lighthouse of Capo Passero and the charming fishing village of Marzamemi. The main square makes a gorgeous setting for a drink and is particularly buzzy in summer when it hosts an international summer film festival. Even if baroque architecture is not your thing, you cannot fail to be impressed by the handsome UNESCO protected baroque towns in the area, including Ragusa, Modica and Scicli. Noto is the nearest and one of the most impressive. Ideal for a stroll around the historic centre, you can admire magnificent honey-coloured stone churches or enjoy a gelato or pizza in one of the many restaurants.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (other durations on request only).
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning included up to 400 Kwh per week.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.