Chic Villa with Sea Views, Pool, and Private Beach Path
Nothing captures the imagination of a holiday in Sicily like the Baroque cities, ancient ruins and of course the magnificent Mount Etna. So, a holiday in Acireale in the sun-blessed Southeast of the island is always a great idea. Yes, this city has it all. Sitting on a layer of volcanic rock between the Mediterranean Sea and the iconic volcano itself, you’ll also discover the fantastic Piazza del Duomo, streets lined with traditional trattorias, bars and cafes and world renowned carnival - at the right time of year, of course.
Right in the midst of Acireale’s Timpa nature reserve, you’ll find Villa Balestrate blending in perfectly with its pretty surroundings. Lush Mediterranean shrubs frame the terrace overlooking that deep blue Ionian Sea - ideal for relaxing on a sun lounger, G&T in hand. Or, you might be too busy in the unique-shaped turquoise swimming pool set above the house - especially when you realise it has its...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
If you were cast away on an island, you may want that island to be Sicily, a beguiling place of contrasts. From bewitching Baroque hilltop towns to sun-blessed beaches, ancient Greek temples, Roman theatres, astounding food and an iconic volcano - it's certainly one of Italy's top draws. Here, in the south-east of Sicily you'll discover the most stunning examples of those Baroque cities. Enter Syracuse, home to one of the greatest ancient Greek theatres that's still in use today, a Roman amphitheatre, picturesque piazzas, sandy beaches and olive-green seas. Or, the beautiful town of Ragusa, renowned for its jaw-dropping buildings and wonderful Piazza Duomo, brimming with bars and restaurants (a few Michelin star ones at that). And then there's Modica. What can we say? Aside from its world renowned chocolate, the churches, palazzi and bewitching buildings that line the narrow streets of Upper and Lower parts of the city are joyous. Acireale, another Baroque town. Overlooking the Ionian Sea, its fascinating architecture, a world renowned carnival, historic churches and that fact it's near the magnificent Mount Etna - are real pulls. Sightseeing done, head for the beach. Crescent shaped sandy bays, rugged coastlines, rocky coves and long stretches of white sand await you - with enough water sports to keep the whole family entertained. Or, you could just relax in the glorious southern sun of course, with an arancino or two. The local street food in Sicily is unsurpassing.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 9.00 p.m. Late arrivals, if agreed, will be charged €50 (paid locally).
- Departure time : 8.00 a.m. - 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included up to 300kWh per week. Extra consumption fee of €0.40 per kWh (paid locally).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, and mid-stay cleaning included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, included up to 300kWh per week. Extra consumption fee of €0.40 per kWh (paid locally).
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday in high season. Flexible otherwise.
- Minimum stay : 7 Nights. All other durations on request.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open approximately mid-March to mid-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property features 4 air-conditioning units.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open end March to mid November, approximately. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.