Chic Villa with Sea Views, Pool, and Private Beach Path
Nothing captures the imagination of a holiday in Sicily like the Baroque cities, ancient ruins and of course the magnificent Mount Etna. So, a holiday in Acireale in the sun-blessed Southeast of the island is always a great idea. Yes, this city has it all. Sitting on a layer of volcanic rock between the Mediterranean Sea and the iconic volcano itself, you’ll also discover the fantastic Piazza del Duomo, streets lined with traditional trattorias, bars and cafes and world renowned carnival - at the right time of year, of course.
Right in the midst of Acireale’s Timpa nature reserve, you’ll find Villa Balestrate blending in perfectly with its pretty surroundings. Lush Mediterranean shrubs frame the terrace overlooking that deep blue Ionian Sea - ideal for relaxing on a sun lounger, G&T in hand. Or, you might be too busy in the unique-shaped turquoise swimming pool set above the house - especially when you realise it has its...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
If you were cast away on an island, you may want that island to be Sicily, a beguiling place of contrasts. From bewitching Baroque hilltop towns to sun-blessed beaches, ancient Greek temples, Roman theatres, astounding food and an iconic volcano - it's certainly one of Italy's top draws. Here, in the south-east of Sicily you'll discover the most stunning examples of those Baroque cities. Enter Syracuse, home to one of the greatest ancient Greek theatres that's still in use today, a Roman amphitheatre, picturesque piazzas, sandy beaches and olive-green seas. Or, the beautiful town of Ragusa, renowned for its jaw-dropping buildings and wonderful Piazza Duomo, brimming with bars and restaurants (a few Michelin star ones at that). And then there's Modica. What can we say? Aside from its world renowned chocolate, the churches, palazzi and bewitching buildings that line the narrow streets of Upper and Lower parts of the city are joyous. Acireale, another Baroque town. Overlooking the Ionian Sea, its fascinating architecture, a world renowned carnival, historic churches and that fact it's near the magnificent Mount Etna - are real pulls. Sightseeing done, head for the beach. Crescent shaped sandy bays, rugged coastlines, rocky coves and long stretches of white sand await you - with enough water sports to keep the whole family entertained. Or, you could just relax in the glorious southern sun of course, with an arancino or two. The local street food in Sicily is unsurpassing.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 payable cash on arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 9.00 p.m
- Arrival time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price (up to 300 Kwh per week)
- Linen & towels included? : Linens, towels & pool towels included in rental price.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi Connection
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price (up to 300 Kwh per week)
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Minimum stay : 7 Nights
- Tax : Tourist tax not included in the rental price
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Other Ts and Cs : Swimming pool open from 10/03 - 10/11