Majestic 11th-Century 8-Bedroom Hilltop Castle
A stay in the Castle Nardelli, dating back to the 11th century, is truly a unique, once in a lifetime experience to live and breathe a romantic, elegant and ancient hill-top castle!
After a five-year loving restoration, the Stocchi family finally opened their doors to the public in 2013 – inviting guests to experience this majestic architectural masterpiece for themselves. Inside, there are seemingly endless communal areas, including The Convivial Room, the living room, the study, the Assembly Hall and the kitchen and the dining room. Facilities for conferences, exhibitions, speeches and exceptional events including weddings and banquets are all on site, with the Convivial Room able to host 50 guests to dine, and the Assembly Hall with a capacity of 100! The professional kitchen is well-prepared should catering services be required, while the charming dining room can be set up for more casual meals.
There are eight...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Sitting atop a delightful hill in the Central Apennines, the ‘Wild Heart of Italy’, Castle Nardelli is in the perfect location for nature-lovers and active groups. Depart from the front door and make your own adventures through the fragrant, winding valley and along the mountain paths. Each turn will bring you to a new experience, perhaps a medieval hamlet or a surprise panorama over the hills. At the junction where Le Marche, Emilia-Romagna, Umbria and Tuscany meet, four of Italy’s exquisite central regions, the diverse natural landscape encompasses sandy coves and limestone cliffs on the coastline and olive groves and vineyards inland. Medieval cities and villages dissect a vibrant, diverse countryside sprinkled with fortified hilltop settlements, rich in history and modern wonders alike. Such a perfect location between four of Italy’s most fascinating regions ensures an ideal base for exploring central Italy and the delicate charm of the ‘birthplace of Western society’. Experience not only the rich history and culture but of course the gastronomy for which the Italian’s are famous! Tuscany is of course a famous wine-producing region and Emilia-Romagna is in fact the birthplace of balsamic vinegar, while this central region is famous for its use of pork products in cooking and of course the coastal regions are famous for their fish! Italy is in fact home to the greatest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the world. With such an ideal central location, you couldn’t be better placed to get out and explore some of these breath-taking sites, with world-famous art, monuments and historical sites dispersed throughout the country! More modern delights, including its thriving fashion industry and famous luxury sports cars and motorbikes, as well as sublime natural wonders, including the Alps and Apennines and the extensive captivating coastline, put Italy a cut above the rest.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m.
- Security deposit : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Minimum stay : 4 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Breakfast service €240 for 12 people
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any other special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.