A picture-perfect Tuscan setting in three acres of olive groves, yet also within walking distance to the exquisite town of Cortona, La Spoletta offers five en suite bedrooms and a private swimming pool in charming and beautiful surroundings.
This characterful villa is all about appreciating the simple things in life – gazing out over the terraced grounds towards the olive groves, reading a book by the summer lavender or enjoying good local food and wine al-fresco under the shade of the lovely gazebo. Yet La Spoletta will also surprise you with the luxury of its own spa area with a sauna, sensory shower as well as a Turkish bath by a huge window looking out towards the glorious Tuscan scenery.
Recently restored in a sensitive manner, the interiors are charming and rustic with many original features such as wood beamed ceilings and a corner fireplace in the living room, alongside other pretty touches. It’s a simple...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In the heart of southern Tuscany, La Spoletta is surrounded by three acres of olive groves as well as scenic landscapes, yet is also just 1km from the historic and beautiful town of Cortona, made famous by Frances Mayes’ ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’. Wander out of the house and follow the lanes up the hill for around fifteen minutes and discover why Cortona is such a gorgeous town with so much to see. There are some stunning views from the historic walls that surround the town as well as charming medieval lanes and a splendid 13th century town hall in Piazza delle Repubblica. The cathedral is also impressive, as is the striking church of Santa Maria Nuova whilst history-lovers will appreciate the fascinating Museo dell'Accademia Etrusca. Also look out for festivities across the year, including Joust dell'Archidado, the town’s palio that usually takes place in early June. Another gem of southern Tuscany is Montepulciano (32km), famous for its rich Vino Nobile red wines and prestigious vineyards. Spend time in the exquisite town itself with its Renaissance palaces and glorious Valdichiana views. A little further, Pienza (45km) is also a delightful village to visit, perhaps for lunch where you can try some of the regional specialities including the delicious pecorino cheese. Montefollonico (37km) is another great spot for a meal with its Michelin starred restaurant and other authentic osterie. Arezzo (30km) and Siena (70km) are close enough for amazing days out – both cities are filled with historic treasures, art and yet more wonderful Tuscan cuisine. Florence (103km) is also easily accessible once you are on the autostrada heading north or pick up a train from Camucia Cortona, around 3.5km away, which takes around 70 to 80 minutes to reach one of Italy’s most famous cities. Heading across the border into Umbria, Lake Trasimeno is a 20-minute drive away. Castiglione del Lago (20km) is a good base to explore the lake – admire the views from the top of the castle or head to the shore for a picnic on one of the lakeside beaches. There is a sailing club as well as boat trips out to the islands and a scenic trail around part of the lake for mountain bikers and keen walkers.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.30 - 6.30 p.m. Check in after 6.30 p.m. upon request (extra €40, payable locally).
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 250 kWh, after this it is payable based on consumption at €0.50 /kWh, payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost based on consumption at € 4,50/m3, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €250, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other days on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot, highchair, children's bikes, a baby bath and push chair are available on request, subject to an extra cost payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is available on the first floor and in the annexe only (charges apply based on consumption, payable locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.