The Cava d’Ispica nature reserve in the countryside surrounding the town of Modica is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. Sciatu Miu occupies a secluded position within this idyllic countryside, with awe-inspiring views over the valleys and canyons that characterise the dramatic area.
Whitewashed walls and earthy tones reflect the landscapes surrounding Sciatu Miu and complement its traditional stone exterior. There’s a total of three bedrooms, with two in the main villa and the third in an annexe. Each space feels wonderfully calming and restful. This includes the living space where the reward for long days is sinking back into the sofa and sitting down to delicious meals.
And there’s no better way to add to the overall sense of relaxation than by opening the doors wide and letting the scents and sounds of nature flow gently through the villa. Or connect directly with the beautiful natural environment with an al...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Sciatu Miu sits within the breathtakingly beautiful Cava d'Ispica nature reserve, with nothing but unspoilt countryside all around. Views over the tree-dotted land and dramatic canyons can be enjoyed from its gardens, with walks and hikes on the doorstep. Conveniently located within a 10-minute drive are a couple of restaurants. The Baroque town of Ispica offers an even greater choice of eateries, as well as shops, supermarket and a post office. The Archaeological Area of Cava d'Ispica is a short drive from the villa. This natural wonder is characterised by ancient cave homes, religious structures and burial sites carved into mountain sides. The valley is 13km long, with the area believed to have first been inhabited during the Neolithic period. Known for its Baroque architecture and chocolate is the city of Modica. Visit the chocolate museum and numerous chocolate shops for a sugar fix, then browse Museo Civico with its fascinating archaeological finds, including fossils and ceramics. History lovers will certainly want to tick the cathedrals Duomo di San Pietro and Duomo di San Giorgio off their sightseeing lists. Another UNESCO-listed Baroque town within easy reach is Ragusa. A 40-minute drive will bring you to this hilltop city with its old town full of winding alleys and characterful buildings. The lush gardens of public park Giardino Ibleo are a great place for taking a break and enjoying panoramic views over the surrounding valleys. The villa is also well-positioned for trips to the coast. One of the nicest beaches can be found at Sampieri, with the drive there taking around 30 minutes. It has a traditional fishing village feel and calm, shallow waters for swimming. Marina di Modica is a slightly livelier coastal spot where you can try surfing and windsurfing.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner one month before/upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m.
- Changeover day : Flexible. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Three additional beds are available on request. Extra €50 each per day, payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Children's bikes are available on request.