Once belonging to a 17th century count as his summer residence, Villa Maestosa exudes history, character and charm in the most magnificent parkland, in the hills just outside of Lucca, one of northern Tuscany’s most exquisite towns.
The setting of this elegant abode is quite special – ornate Italian gardens, century-old trees, a sweet-scented jasmine pergola and the sound of trickling fountains as you stroll along the paths and lawns. A stream runs into two small lakes, a perfect spot for relaxing as the swans gracefully swim by. Then of course there’s the delightful swimming pool, ideal for long summer days and beautifully flood-lit at night.
Step inside and discover the unique character of each of the floors. Walk up the villa’s grand steps up to the first floor living room, a place of charm and beauty with its frescoed walls and ornate furnishings. Next door the romantic music room features a piano by the...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Just 5km from the historic town of Lucca, in the beautiful foothills of Monte Pisano, this grand villa enjoys a prime location for exploring so much of Tuscany and beyond. Wander out to a choice of two local restaurants within walking distance whilst the nearest grocery store is only a 5-minute drive away. In the other direction, the nearest village, set in picturesque country surroundings, is around 4km by car or bike. Guests can arrange bike hire via the owners and you also have access to a tennis court/football field at the owner’s other estate, around a 5-minute drive away, available to hire on an hourly basis. One of the first places you will be keen to visit is Lucca, a delightful town with exquisite architecture and enchanting historic walls. Spend time exploring the winding lanes, coming across charming cafes and characterful restaurants alongside magical squares, pretty churches and impressive palazzi. Walk or cycle along the city walls, coming across parks, play areas and enjoying fantastic views towards the historic heart of the town. You are also in an ideal position for visiting the wonderful Tuscan cities of Pisa (14km) and Florence (84km). As an alternative to driving, you could take the train from Lucca or arrange a private driver and personalised itinerary. Some of Tuscany’s loveliest villages and towns are also close by such as the medieval hilltop village of Collodi (24km), beautiful San Miniato (48km) and the birthplace of the great artist, Vinci (48km). Spa-lovers should spend some time in Montecatini Terme (34km), home to nine spas and a number of lovely shops as well as stunning architecture and stunning views from Montecatini Alto, reached via an old-fashioned funicular. Walkers can explore so much of the immediate area with Monte Pisano so close or if you prefer horse-riding there is a centre just a short drive away. The Padule di Fucecchio (40km) is another wonderful place to explore by foot, a must for bird and nature lovers especially, whilst the spectacular scenery around Garfagna, around an hour away, can be discovered whilst hiking, rafting or kayaking. This is also a great location for its proximity to the Versilia coast with Viareggio (30km) and Forte dei Marmi (40km) easily reached for blue-flag sandy beaches, summer lidos and watersports as well as lots of family fun. Heading north, drive as far as La Spezia in Liguria, about an hour away by car, then catch one of the little trains into the incredible Cinque Terre National Park, a collection of idyllic villages and magnificent coastal landscapes, many connected by walking paths. The beautiful villages of the Golfo dei Poeti, from Lerici to Porto Venere, are also stunning places to visit.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Up to 2000kw per week of heating/air-conditioning and other energy usage is included, any further consumption is payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Up to 2000kw per week of heating/air-conditioning and other energy usage is included, any further consumption is payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus daily maid service (except Sundays). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (June-September/Christmas and NY/Easter) or 3 nights at other times.
- Changeover day : Saturday (June-September/Christmas and NY/Easter) or flexible at other times.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included (up to 7MB).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Other Ts and Cs : A chef is included to prepare breakfast and one meal per day, excluding Wednesdays. If guests wish to take advantage of this service then they have to pay for the cost of the beverages and food (from €12 per person for breakfast and €40/€45 per person for lunch/evening meal).
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair can be requested for a charge of €122 per item per week, payable locally.