Villa Le Fontane
On an estate dating back to the 13th century, an aristocratic family from Lucca built their own hunting lodge in the foothills of Monte Pisano, just outside the city walls. Villa Le Fontane is part of that grand estate and offers elegant accommodation for up to 24 guests across twelve splendid bedrooms, set in the most wonderful gardens with a majestic fountain and serene swimming pool.
The living quarters are quite magnificent, scattered across the ground floor of three wings. They include a beautiful bright living room with Satellite TV, a grand dining room for feasts under the chandeliers, a pretty music room as well as a relaxing games room with doors leading out to the al-fresco courtyard, a perfect spot for breakfast which can be prepared for you by the villa’s chef in the traditional Tuscan kitchen.
Experience the Italian charm across twelve air-conditioned bedrooms, each with their own characterful...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Set in northern Tuscany, Villa Le Fontane enjoys a fantastic location in the foothills of Monte Pisano and only 5km from the historic town of Lucca. There are a couple of local restaurants within walking distance and a grocery store and other amenities in one of Lucca’s suburbs, about 3.5km in the car. Another pretty village with magnificent views of the surrounding landscapes can be reached in around 4km. Sport lovers can hire the tennis court/football field at the owner’s second estate, a 5-minute drive away. The owners can also arrange bike hire for part or all of your stay, a great way to potter around the local area, cycling past woodland, olive groves and orchards in the surrounding countryside. Lucca is only 5km away. Start off by exploring the city walls, either by foot or bike, enjoying the exceptional views of the centre. The historic heart of Lucca is amazing with its Renaissance and medieval architecture, charming lanes, pretty squares and a wealth of lovely restaurants, bars and cafes. It’s a true gem of Tuscany, often overshadowed by nearby Pisa (14km) and Florence (84km). If you are also hoping to visit the mighty Tuscan cities of Florence and Pisa then think about getting the train from Lucca or asking the owners to arrange a private tour or personalised itinerary. Other lovely places to discover include the medieval village of Collodi (24km), also home to the enchanting Pinocchio theme park, and the spa-town of Montecatini Terme (34km) with its boutique shops and old-fashioned funicular taking you up to the hilltop, Montecatini Alto. San Miniato (48km) is often referred to as one of Tuscany’s prettiest villages whilst art-lovers won’t want to miss the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci, under an hour away in Vinci (48km). Monte Pisano is a fantastic area for walking and mountain biking, there is horse-riding within a ten-minute drive whilst other spectacular areas for nature lovers include the Tuscan wetlands at Padule di Fucecchio (40km) and the incredible landscapes of Garfagna, a perfect place for hiking, kayaking and rafting. Yet more summer watersports can be found along the Versilia coast in Viareggio (30km) and Forte dei Marmi (40km) or head even further north to discover the beauty of the Golfo dei Poeti and the world-famous Cinque Terre National Park - La Spezia, the gateway to the UNESCO World Heritage site, is just over an hour by car.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Up to 2000kw per week of heating/air-conditioning and other energy usage is included, any further consumption is payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Up to 2000kw per week of heating/air-conditioning and other energy usage is included, any further consumption is payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus daily maid service (except Sundays). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (June-September/Christmas and NY/Easter) or 3 nights at other times.
- Changeover day : Saturday (June-September/Christmas and NY/Easter) or flexible at other times.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included (up to 7MB).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Other Ts and Cs : A chef is included to prepare breakfast and one meal per day, excluding Wednesdays. If guests wish to take advantage of this service then they have to pay for the cost of the beverages and food (from €12 per person for breakfast and €40/€45 per person for lunch/evening meal).
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair can be requested for a charge of €122 per item per week, payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Up to two additional beds may also be requested, subject to a charge of €122 per bed per week, payable locally.
- Security deposit :