Filled with history and Italian charm, San Colombano is a wonderful farmhouse with beautiful gardens and a flood-lit swimming pool, set in the foothills of Monte Pisano and very close to the historic town of Lucca.
Sleeping up to 12 guests across six classical bedrooms, each one with air-conditioning and its own en suite bathroom, this is an inviting holiday home for family and friends wanting to spend time together in spacious surroundings. The elegant living area with satellite TV, the grand domed dining room with French windows leading to the garden and the traditional Tuscan kitchen all offer everything you need for a comfortable and relaxing stay.
You can sense the heritage of the villa all around you – in the 19th century it belonged to a famous engineer who created the first working engine in his workshop in the grounds and continued his scientific studies across this home. Nowadays you are more likely to...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In the foothills of Monte Pisano, with lovely views, San Colombano enjoys a fantastic setting, just 6km south of Lucca and near some of northern Tuscany’s most wonderful places to visit. There are two local restaurants within walking distance and you can also wander to a small village around 2km away. Even closer, sport fans will appreciate the estate’s shared tennis court and football field – just pay to hire rackets and balls. One of the greatest highlights of this location is its proximity to the exquisite town of Lucca, 6km away. You will want to return again and again as you explore its historic centre, admiring the incredible medieval and Renaissance architecture, dining in excellent restaurants or just enjoying a coffee and gelato in one of the many charming cafes found in pretty squares or cobbled lanes. Walking or cycling along the historic walls is another brilliant experience – come across parks, play areas and gorgeous views. You can also head to Lucca to catch the train to either Pisa (16km) or Florence (84km) - the owners can also arrange guided tours and private drivers. Spend an amazing day visiting historic sights, galleries and boutiques as well as experiencing city life in two of Tuscany’s world-famous gems. The little Tuscan village of Collodi (24km) is also a delight (especially for children who can enjoy the Pinocchio theme park), as is Vinci (48km), a must for art-lovers with Leonardo da Vinci’s birthplace and museum. Montecatini Terme (36km) features a number of spas and is a great place for shopping in impressive surroundings. Take the old-fashioned funicular to the pretty village of Montecatini Alto for magnificent views. If you feel like a trip to the beach then the vibrant summer resorts of Viareggio (30km) and Forte dei Marmi (40km) are both within easy reach for watersports, lidos, fantastic beaches and a lively ambience. This is also a superb location for driving as far as the Ligurian coast with lovely villages and beaches along the rather romantic Golfo dei Poeti. A little further north is the renowned and very popular Cinque Terre National Park with its historic seaside villages perched above the sea and stunning scenery – it’s been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site with good reason. The beautiful countryside of this region offers horse-riding, many cycling opportunities (guests can hire bikes from the villa’s owner) as well as some wonderful walking, especially around Monte Pisano. As well as watersports along the coast, find river rafting, kayaking and canyoning around an hour north of Lucca near Garfagnana.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Up to 750kw per week of heating/air-conditioning and other energy usage is included, any further consumption is payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Up to 750kw per week of heating/air-conditioning and other energy usage is included, any further consumption is payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus daily maid service (except Sundays). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (June-September/Christmas and NY/Easter) or 3 nights at other times.
- Changeover day : Saturday (June-September/Christmas and NY/Easter) or flexible at other times.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Other Ts and Cs : A chef is included to prepare breakfast and one meal per day, excluding Wednesdays. If guests wish to take advantage of this service then they have to pay for the cost of the beverages and food (from €12 per person for breakfast and €40/€45 per person for lunch/evening meal).
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair can be requested for a charge of €122 per item per week.