Villa Monte Pisano
Nestled below Monte Pisano, just 6km from beautiful Lucca, this historic villa enjoys a stunning setting in elegant Italian gardens surrounded by olive groves and pine forests, just a short walk from restaurants and a village.
With the estate dating as far back as the 10th century, you can feel the sense of history around you with its enchanting atmosphere and old-fashioned yet decadent style. Downstairs find the opulent salone with its grand fireplace, an impressive dining room for feasting under the chandeliers as well as a charming billiards room with French doors leading out to the lovely loggia and gardens. Set up romantic al-fresco meals on warm summer evenings surrounded by the ornate gardens with the background sounds of birdsong and trickling fountains.
Upstairs, eleven frescoed guest rooms, each one with air-conditioning and their own en suite bathroom, can be found across the top two floors...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
6km south of Lucca, in the picturesque foothills of Monte Pisano, this elegant villa enjoys a fantastic location close to northern Tuscany’s beautiful villages, towns and cities. A small village is within walking distance, just 2km away, and there are a couple of good restaurants serving regional cuisine even closer. It’s such a privilege to be so close to the wonderful town of Lucca, a ten-minute drive away. Walk or cycle around its historic walls, discovering picnic spots and play areas, then wander into its splendid centre to marvel at some of Italy’s finest medieval and Renaissance architecture. There are many superb dining opportunities as well as charming cafes, pretty shops and enchanting piazzas – you will want to return again and again to soak up its delightful atmosphere. Of course, both Pisa (16km) and Florence (84km) are both within striking distance for a grand day out or two, seeing the sights of both famous cities and visiting galleries, boutiques and yet more excellent restaurants. Lucca train station has departures to Pisa (30 minutes) or Florence (1hr 20 minutes) if you prefer not to drive or the owners can arrange private drivers and/or guided tours. Other gems of northern Tuscany include Collodi (24km), the home to the author of Pinocchio, and Vinci (48km), birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci, both lovely places to spend time in idyllic surroundings. The spa-town of Montecatini Terme (36km) is another great day out whether visiting one if its inviting spas or exploring boutique shops, all whilst admiring its exquisite architecture. Take the town’s historic funicular up to the hilltop village of Montecatini Alto and be amazed by the stunning views over the spa-town and beyond. The Tuscan coast is also within easy reach with the popular resorts of Viareggio (30km) and Forte dei Marmi (40km) close by where you will find blue-flagged beaches, lidos and watersports as well as a vibrant summer atmosphere. To appreciate even more striking scenery, drive north towards the Golfo dei Poeti in Liguria, as far as La Spezia (80km), the gateway to the Cinque Terre National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site visited by tourists from across the world. Lovers of outdoor activities and sport will also not be disappointed. The estate features a shared tennis court/football field that guests can use (with a charge to hire rackets and balls), there is horse-riding within a short drive as well as fishing and watersports along the coast. Bike rental can be arranged by the estate’s owners whilst keen walkers can follow various trails through the Monte Pisano landscapes. Those yearning for more extreme sports should look out for river rafting, canyoning and kayaking around Garfagnana, around an hour north of Lucca.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Up to 2000kw per week of heating/air-conditioning and other energy usage is included, any further consumption is payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Up to 2000kw of heating/air-conditioning and other energy usage is included, any further consumption is payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus daily maid service (except Sundays). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (June-September/Christmas and NY/Easter) or 3 nights at other times.
- Changeover day : Saturday (June-September/Christmas and NY/Easter) or flexible at other times.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.
- Other Ts and Cs : A chef is included to prepare breakfast and one meal per day, excluding Wednesdays. If guests wish to take advantage of this service then they have to pay for the cost of the beverages and food (from €12 per person for breakfast and €40/€45 per person for lunch/evening meal).
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair can be requested for a charge of €122 per item per week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Up to four extra beds can be requested in advance, subject to an additional charge.