Set amongst vineyards and olive groves, just a stroll from local restaurants and shops, Dimora Dayan is an 18th century holiday villa which is filled with warmth and charm, surrounded by beautiful gardens brimming with summer colours and scents.
This is the type of home you will fall in love with due to its authenticity and welcoming ambience. It’s been tastefully furnished with a mixture of old and new with comfort in mind in every room. You will feel instantly at home when you arrive, greeted by the lovely owners who will have taken great care to prepare the house for you and provide a delicious welcome buffet for your first evening.
The large villa has been split into two wings, each with five bedrooms, joined by a door downstairs, making this an ideal set up for two extended families or a large group of friends. Each wing of the house has its own living space and charmingly styled traditional kitchen, as...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In a private setting surrounded by 2500 acres of beautiful grounds filled with olive groves and summer blooms, Dimora Dayan is just 12km north-east of Lucca and about an hour away from Florence – a perfect position for exploring this wonderful part of Tuscany and beyond. Despite the rural feel of this lovely setting, you just have to wander down the lane, passing olive groves as you walk with the distant view of the mountains, and within around 1 to 2km you will reach a handful of local restaurants, shops and a supermarket in the local village/residential area. Lucca (12km) is a splendid place to spend memorable days exploring the city walls by bike or foot, finding lovely spots for pretty picnics and getting lost in the historic centre. Wander around the winding lanes and come across enchanting piazzi, idyllic cafes and charming shops, always admiring the stunning architecture around you. You will yearn to return again and again to discover a little more of this captivating town each time. Pisa (31km) is also close enough to visit for the day – a beautiful city filled with character and charm whether gazing at the Leaning Tower alongside crowds of tourists or exploring the atmospheric riverside with its bars and restaurants. Florence (76km) is around an hour by car or pick up the train from a local train station such as Pescia (10km). Spend a superb day out visiting the world-famous museums and art galleries, picnicking in the Boboli Gardens, or just soaking up the enchanting ambience across this magical city. There is also so much in the local area to discover. Start with a morning out to Collodi (11km), an idyllic village which was home to Pinocchio’s author – younger guests will adore the theme park, Pinocchio Land, as well as the butterfly house next door. The spa town of Montecatini Terme (21km) will also appeal to everyone with its amazing architecture, spa centres, impressive boutiques and the historic funicular that takes you to the hilltop village above with spectacular views. Walkers and nature lovers alike will appreciate the wetlands at the vast Padule di Fucecchio or drive north to the Apuan Alps, around an hour away, for more challenging hikes with breathtaking views. There is also horse-riding as well as plenty of cycling and mountain biking opportunities across this region and beyond. Another joy of this part of northern Tuscany is the close proximity to the sea with the super beaches around Viareggio (42km) and Forte dei Marmi (51km) under an hour away. If you are seeking incredible coastal scenery then drive as far as the Golfo dei Poeti, ending in La Spezia (90km), the gateway to the UNESCO World Heritage site, the Cinque Terre National Park.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, except air-conditioning which is calculated on consumption, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus 4 hrs cleaning included on Tuesday and Thursdays (plus Saturdays for 2 week stays). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : No, payable locally based on consumption.
- Changeover day : Saturday. Other days are on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (other durations on request only).
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement will apply (payable locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and a highchair are available on request, subject to a supplement of €30.00 each, payable locally.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : The villa has two wings, each with five bedrooms, a living area and kitchen - they are connected via a door downstairs. Outside June to mid-September, guests can request a 10-person price to rent just one of the wings. In this case the swimming pool, grounds and outside facilities will be shared with the occupants of the other wing. You may request which wing you prefer, but this will not be guaranteed.