La Lanterna Delle Stelle
Is there a finer place to be than on your spacious and stylish roof terrace, next to the lighthouse’s original lantern, staring out towards Mount Etna and the sparkling sea, perhaps with a glass of Sicilian white wine in hand?
On the south-eastern coast of Sicily, just north of Syracuse, it’s no wonder that Lanterna Delle Stelle has featured across a variety of glossy magazines – this is a dreamlike home that has been painstakingly restored over very recent years. Originally dating back to the early 20th century, the architect and designers have created a unique place which greatly respects its natural and historic surroundings yet offers the 21st century luxuries that you would expect to find in such a contemporary and high-end abode.
The interiors are all about sleek design, beautiful furnishings and state-of-the-art appliances from the professionally equipped kitchen to the Smart TV with Sky and Bluetooth...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Lanterna Delle Stelle is set at the very end of an authentic Sicilian former fishing village, perfectly located between Syracuse and Catania, with incredible sea views towards the bay of Catania and Mount Etna. It’s a privileged position, just in front of an impressive 15th century castle (not open to visitors) and a short stroll to the heart of the old fishing village, a charming place to spend time alongside locals and tourists alike. The village has a great ambience, especially in the summer when you may be able to hear music from the village in the lighthouse. There is a handful of restaurants serving seafood and other Sicilian delights, a small supermarket and other amenities as well as cafes and bars, some with yet more wonderful sea and Etna views. The little marina on the canal is a lovely place to watch boats go by and at various points around the village there are rocky edges you can swim from. Beach lovers can drive a little further north to find long stretches of sandy shores such as Spiaggia Agnone Bagni (15km) or find rocky and sandy coves along the Costa Saracena, around a 15-20 minute drive away. Heading south, park and then walk down the rocky paths to reach idyllic swimming spots around Vetrano or with even steeper access the Sbarcatore dei Turchi is another special place, especially ideal for snorkelling. South of Syracuse, the well known beaches of Fontane Bianche (50km) and Arenella (47km) can be reached in around 45 minutes by car. A visit to the historic and stunning city of Syracuse is a must during your stay in south-eastern Sicily. The island of Ortigia, connected to the mainland via one of three bridges, will captivate you as you wander around the winding lanes, admiring beautiful Baroque palaces, spotting cacti on narrow balconies, catching glimpses of the sea and dining in authentic restaurants and bars. The cathedral will take your breath away, set in an impressive piazza lined with cafes and restaurants. A visit to the Saturday morning market is also a wonderful experience, followed by a coffee or granita as you watch the world go by. Noto (65km) can also be reached in an hours drive, another town filled with historic treasures, or spend the day in bustling Catania (42km), getting to know the island’s capital and its fascinating history and culture. Further afield, Taormina (103km) is a magical place to spend the day with its exquisite architecture and views or discover the deep south of the island with enchanting towns such as Modica and Ragusa, both around 100km away. History lovers can drive to the dramatic landscapes around the Necropolis of Pantalica (30km) whilst the nature reserve at Cassibile is an incredible place for hiking and swimming with its 10km long canyon and wonderful natural scenery.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid via bank transfer to the owner two weeks before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including mid-week linen change. Beach towels also included.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus mid-week clean on a Wednesday. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : Small dogs/cats may be allowed, on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access is included.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot, highchair and pushchair are available on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.