Gaze over the valley towards Assisi’s magnificent medieval fortress as you relax in your al-fresco lounge, surrounded by the tranquil sounds and sights of the ‘Green Heart of Italy’.
Frate Sole is a unique holiday home with exceptional owners who have created a contemporary haven of calm, surprisingly close to the world-famous town of Assisi. Relax in the al-fresco lounge in the shade of the pergola with a glass of wine, perhaps from the vineyards of nearby Monte Subasio, as you admire the remarkable sunset.
The heated swimming pool is also positioned to make the most of the endless vistas of hills, woodland and the Rocca Maggiore and there is ample space to dine al-fresco by the barbecue, especially atmospheric in the evening as the gardens are beautifully lit. Green lawns, swathes of summer lavender and scattered olive trees add to the peaceful vibe of the glorious grounds.
Step inside and the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
With magical views towards Assisi’s medieval fortress, Rocca Maggiore, and the surrounding valley, Frate Sole enjoys a picture-perfect setting just 3km from the Basilica di San Francesco and close to the heart of the enchanting and historic town. It’s just over 1km to the nearest restaurant, a rustic osteria with traditional Umbrian food, whilst the nearest shops and supermarkets are in and around Assisi, a short drive (or bike ride) away. It’s no wonder Assisi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site – it’s an incredible town filled with wondrous art, history and Umbrian charm. The architecture will astound you and, alongside the visitors that flock to see the unique and exceptional sights, you will fall in love with Assisi as you explore its narrow lanes, peruse its pretty shops and come across artistic treasures. It’s especially enchanting by night as many of the day-trippers depart and you can find a charming restaurants serving the very best authentic cuisine from wild boar porchetta to pasta, farro and autumn truffles accompanied by delicious Umbrian wines. The forest, Bosco di San Francesco, is also close to the villa and a wonderful place to connect with nature and for peaceful walks with all the family. There are well marked trails to follow and it’s a particular delight on hot summer days as you seek shade in the tranquil woodland. This region also offers horse-riding opportunities through the enchanting Umbrian landscapes as well as cycling, hiking and even watersports and boat trips at Lake Trasimeno, reached in under an hour by car. In the ‘Green Heart of Italy’, there’s a wealth of other idyllic Umbrian villages to explore, such as the medieval hill towns of Spello (15km), Bevagna (22km) and Montefalco (30km) or a little further to Spoleto (50km) with its incredible Ponte delle Torre. Sip coffee at Piazza del Popolo in beautiful Todi (55km) and if you are yearning to cross the border into southern Tuscany then Cortona (70km) and Montepulciano (85km) are fine places to discover. Closer to home, Perugia (23km) is a charming historic city filled with culture, cafes and wonderful shops, creating a youthful ambience amongst exquisite Renaissance architecture. Look out for the Umbrian jazz festival in mid-July which attracts artists from all over the world whilst chocolate lovers can visit the Perugina Chocolate House in the outskirts of the city, home of the famous Baci sweets.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : By 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes, additional cost payable locally. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (mid-June to end-September) or 3 nights at other times.
- Changeover day : Saturday (or flexible in low season).
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any other special events are not allowed.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : A highchair and cot are available on request.