La Preziosa at Sicilia
Feel yourself relaxing as you gaze at the sun setting over the Ionian sea from your incredible roof terrace with a glass of Nerello Mascalese in hand. Just a few steps from the beach and a short drive from Taormina, the setting of this contemporary and stylish penthouse is sure to impress you in every way.
The owners have renovated these two penthouse apartments with contemporary elegance. With open-plan living, superbly equipped kitchens and four modern bedrooms and bathrooms, everything has been finished to a high standard and with a great eye for design. On the top floor of a smart holiday residence with its own helpful reception, the two apartments are rented together with an interconnecting door, each with two bedrooms and their own living areas, making them ideal for an extended family or a group of friends.
The sea-views from the terraces are amazing whether you’re sipping an espresso on one of the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In a smart holiday residence with amazing sea views, La Preziosa enjoys a privileged location just a few steps from a beautiful beach and within walking distance to a number of shops and restaurants. Historic Taormina is just 9km away, reached by car, taxi or bus. The beach in front of the residence, a mixture of sand and pebbles, is ideal for swimming, snorkelling or sunbathing. Paddle in the Ionian (bring your jelly shoes), swim in the clear water and enjoy evening strolls by the shore as the sun sets – this really is a stunning location. The residence has its own beach club which you can pay for or discover one of the many other summer lidos and dine in beachside restaurants a short walk away. You can also stroll to a fishing village, around 1.5km away, now a pleasant seaside resort with its long beach, delightful promenade, lovely sea-food restaurants and bars. The village also has a convenient railway station with departures north to Messina or south towards Catania. One of the main highlights of this area is the idyllic hilltop town of Taormina (9km) which can be reached by car, taxi, bus (from the local village) or even cable car from Mazzarò, around 4km away. One of Sicily’s most exquisite and historic towns, its perched position means you can enjoy incredible views. Admire the boutiques along Corso Umberto I and wander around the Borgo Medievale with its magnificent 13th century cathedral. The ancient Greek Theatre is mesmerising with views of Mount Etna on a clear day; look out for summer events taking place inside the ancient theatre. You will be rewarded with yet more wonderful vistas by climbing up Monte Tauro just above Taormina. Back down at the coast, there are a number of beaches and seaside towns including Giardini-Naxos (8km) with all sorts of activities such as watersports, boat trips or hire as well as plenty of lidos and beach restaurants to choose from. History lovers will also appreciate the Parco e Museo Archeologico di Naxos at the southern end of the town. Mazzarò (4km) is also wonderful with boat trips taking you to swim in the Baia delle Sirene (mermaid’s bay) or visit nearby caves. Spaggia Isola Bella enjoys a sensational location (although a little tricky to reach) with its rocky beach and there’s a little island just off the beach with its own nature reserve – a paradise for snorkellers. There are also amazing opportunities to visit Mount Etna with many guided excursions available or train enthusiasts can visit with the Circumetnea railway, an interesting way to see some of the villages and area around the volcano with departures from Giarre-Riposto (28km). Randazzo (46km) is just an hour away by car and one of the closest villages to the summit, perhaps combine it with a visit to Castiglione di Sicilia (32km), classified as one of Italy’s most beautiful villages.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Building Elevator
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 12.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Extra €200 per week, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €300, payable locally. Guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August. 5 nights during all other periods.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and stag/hen parties are not permitted. Any other celebrations or special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and a highchair can be requested in advance. A pushchair can also be requested, subject to a possible supplement.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : There are two sofa-beds for up to four extra guests on request and subject to a supplement - please enquire.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.