This lavishly renovated tower-turned-villa in Umbria has luxurious touches at every turn. Each guest will find their own pleasure; fitness lovers will hit the sauna and gym and the media room will enchant movie buffs. Bookworms will bury themselves in the extensive English library, while the chef of the family will perfect their pizza at the outdoor stone oven. All this, set above rolling hills at the border of Tuscany and Lazio.
This holiday villa is split between two buildings, with a courtyard between. The original 13th century tower spreads over four floors - to avoid the stairs, choose one of the ground floor bedrooms in the other building. The grounds were designed by a famous Italian landscape artist. Here, beneath a pergola dripping with leaves, you’ll gaze out past the infinity pool to mountains beyond. Imagine breakfast on the stone terrace beside the sunroom - <em>perfezione</em>!
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated close to the Umbrian border with Lazio and Tuscany, Bisenzio Tower overlooks the stunning scenery of the Monte Rufeno national park in Umbria, the green heart of Italy. It's set in a large estate with vineyards, olive groves and an ancient breed of cattle who graze on the land. The on-site farm produces excellent wine, olive oil and high-quality beef, all organically certified. Indeed, the whole area is a food lover’s paradise. Umbria is home to the world famous salty Pecorino cheese, chestnuts, truffles and crisp dry Orvieto wine. Some of Italy’s finest wine areas are on the doorstep and there are many small family-run vineyards which welcome visitors. A haven of peace and tranquillity, yet you are also conveniently located just 9km from the A1 Autostrada between Rome and Florence. This means easy access to fascinating places including Orvieto, Arrezzo, Assisi, Cetona, Montepulciano, Perugia, Siena and Spoleto as well as the lakes of Bolsena and Trasimeno. Rome is two hours away on the Autostrada, and served by regular trains from the local town, which is just a 10-minute drive from Torre. Highlights include the Vatican City, Roman Forum, Colosseum and Spanish Steps. Florence is about an hour and a half drive away and is also on the train line from the local town. Highlights include the Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vechio, Boboli Garden and Pitti Palace. Siena is an hour and twenty minutes drive away, and again reachable by train. Visit the beautiful Campo square where twice a year (2nd July, 16th August) the world famous Palio takes place – a horse race dating back to the 1600s.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 charged to client’s credit card as a pre-authorisation before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : By 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : Extra cost, payable locally (approx €450-€550 per week depending on gas consumption). Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Maximum occupancy - 16 people
- Other Ts and Cs : Includes daily cleaning with 2 part-time cleaners (Monday to Friday 9am-1pm & Saturday if 2 weeks’ or longer stay) and 1 full time staff (Monday to Friday 9am – 4.30pm & Saturday 9am-1pm if 2 weeks’ or longer stay)
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.