Villa Ornelia at Sicilia
Villa Ornelia is a distinctive and luxurious holiday home sitting right by the seafront along an exclusive area of coastline close to the town of Taormina. This villa offers clear views over the Ionian Sea from many of its beautiful rooms, charming balconies and spacious terraces. Within the extensive outside space is the main terrace that gives direct access to the volcanic rock shore and crystal-clear waters. And just a 10-minute walk away is a lovely sandy beach.
The main living space is incredibly light and airy, with a choice of sofas to relax on. Whether you spend days taking in the sea views or enjoying cosy evenings watching the television, it’s a great place to recharge your batteries. You also have direct access to the outside space from here. There’s another small living space upstairs that’s ideal for reading or simply chilling out. The dining space features a large table with chairs, with another area for quick meals...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
You don’t have to go far from Villa Ornelia to reach a great choice of amenities. Bars and restaurants serving traditional Sicilian cuisine are within a 10-minute walk. A short drive will bring you to banks, supermarkets and even several ice cream shops. The immediate area is full of historic interest, with many fascinating sites to visit. These include the Archaeological Area of Naxos, which features ruins of an ancient Greek settlement, with many artifacts on show in the modern museum. Also visit Schisò Castle that overlooks the bay of Giardini Naxos. It’s not just the rocky coastline on the doorstep at Villa Ornelia that you have to enjoy, there are also several other beaches close by. The nearest is well-known for its nightlife, so you might prefer to head to the beaches of Mazzarò (10km) and Isola Bella (11km). Visit hilltop Taormina (9km) for a day of sightseeing and exploring the town’s picturesque coastline. It’s full of ancient landmarks, such as the ancient Greek theatre, Teatro Antico di Taormina. As it’s so close to the cliffs, the sea and hillside views are simply spectacular. Also explore medieval churches and palaces for getting a feel for the town’s past over many centuries. Taormina’s most popular beaches include Mazzarò, Isola Bella and Giardini Naxos. Go hiking through lush landscapes and swimming in the crystal-clear waters of Alcantara River Park (15km). You spot a variety of flora and fauna in and around the gorges that make up this naturally beautiful park. The wildlife you might see includes trout, kingfishers, frogs, toads – even wild cats! The city of Catania (47km) is another picture-perfect destination for history lovers. It’s bursting with baroque churches and palaces, such as Palazzo Biscari. Catania is also famous for its daily fish market, which is a lively and authentic Sicilian experience. Just over an hour’s drive from the villa is Mount Etna. As it’s Sicily’s most famous attraction, a visit to this majestic volcano really can’t be missed!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 8.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 85kWh per day, then €0.25 per kWh, payable locally.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, with towels changed 3 times per week.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Highchair and cot available on request. Extra €7 per cot, per night (payable locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.