Villa Di Maranello at Sicilia
Before being lovingly renovated in the last few years, Villa Di Maranello was used as a wine press since the eighteenth century. The owners have added all necessary modern touches to the home, but it retains the character of the old wine press, including the millstone in the living area!
This spacious and quirky four-bedroom home sits in an equally impressive location, at the foot of Mount Etna in the East of Sicily. In a semi-rural setting surrounded by vineyards, you are perfectly placed to enjoy panoramic views of the countryside and over the beautiful sea of the Costa dei Ciclopi. The stunning garden of the house blends seamlessly into the hillside and is still filled with vines used to grow wine by the owner. You are able to sample or purchase the local Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio wines, made from the unique Etna grapes which you can enjoy on the terrace overlooking soaking up the atmosphere.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
The East of Sicily is a wonderful place for a holiday with family or friends as there is so much to see and do that you will be able to keep your whole party happy. Villa Di Maranello sits in a unique and beautiful location, with volcanic landscapes up the hill to Mount Etna and sea views in the other direction. The villa is tucked in amongst vineyards and citrus trees offering a serene environment and a great location for visiting local vineyards to sample the wine! A visit to Mount Etna is a must when staying so close; there are many tours you can book with specialist guides who will be able to show you hidden caves or the best views. If you prefer to ascend while sitting down, then take the circular train up and relax. On your way back down again there are many lovely villages you can head to for something to eat, some of the small trattorias are the best places to try the fresh seafood or local favourites like Arancini which are stuffed rice balls and have been made on the island since the tenth century. The coastline of Sicily is stunning and varied with many different kinds of beaches, coves and harbours for you to visit. Catania is 20km away and has wide open sandy beaches which are great for sandcastle making, and the city itself is a lively place to visit too. If you prefer the feel of a fishing village and small pebble beaches, you could visit Taormina which is surrounded by little coves and gorgeous seafood restaurants as well as one of the best views in Sicily from the Piazza IX Aprile, Taormina is forty-five minutes away by car along the coast. If you wish to visit the famous ancient city of Syracuse, then it is well worth the ninety-minute drive and is a must-see city. If you set off early you can make the most of this amazing place and fit lots in. A great place to start is the old town Ortigia Island which is best explored on foot, in this area, you will discover charming yellow-hued winding streets opening on to traditional markets and squares filled with attractions such as temples, castles and churches. The busy harbour leads you back into Syracuse city where you can carry on exploring or head to the incredible Neapolis Archaeological Park before sitting down to soak up the atmosphere in a pretty square to enjoy a delicious local pizza together.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m. Late arrivals, if agreed, will be charged €30 (paid locally).
- Departure time : 8.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost on consumption, payable locally.
- Minimum stay : 5 nights.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week towel change.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to end-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus mid-week cleaning (kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms). However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Additional beds are available, on request. Extra €30 per bed, per day payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.