Palazzo Cutrofiano at Puglia
Palazzo Cutrofiano is a handsome abode of sumptuous proportions, discreetly renovated to retain much of the character of the original early nineteenth century farmhouse. This home is brimming with timeless style and classical detailing, finessed with striking simplicity and with notably understated flair.
The majestic façade in original stone and arched doorway sets the tone: an environment that is entirely faithful to the original structure, characterised by vaulted and arched ceilings, fine raw materials (predominantly stone and timber), recessed alcoves and stunning light quality throughout. With a cooling, sedate feel of decades-old grandeur, this home has a subtle glamour and quiet luxury, offering every comfort within the spirit of unparalleled tasteful provenance.
A beautiful kitchen-dining room with recessed alcove and vaulted ceilings displays pretty original tiles, all necessary fittings including an...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Palazzo Cutrofiano is around a ten-minute drive from Cutrofiano (4.5km), in Salento. Salento is the most southerly part of the “heel” of Italy’s boot; with the Adriatic Sea to the East, and the Ionian to the west. With a fascinating Greek history, Cutrofiano is known for its ceramics and the name even derives for the Greek word for ‘vase’. Indeed, the Salento region is known for its Greek influences and colourful dialects (with Sicilian origins). This area is home to some of Italy's most romantic towns: visit the island town of Gallipoli (21km) with its fantastic market, flower-filled little streets and amazing views or head east to Otranto (32km), on the Adriatic coast, with its Romanesque cathedral and town beaches. Indeed, the beaches outside both these towns are famous for their beauty whether it’s the shallow waters of Baia Verde (22km) south of Gallipoli or Baia dei Turchi (40km) near Otranto and even swimming in the lakes just north of the town. To the north, spend the day in the great city of Lecce (36km) with its brilliant shops as well as historic sights. Other fascinating villages to explore include the historic Maglie (13km) and Muro Leccese (17km) with fascinating sights and charming shops as well as Specchia (30km), classified as one of Italy’s prettiest towns. The region is known for its olive oil production, as evidenced by the surrounding stretches of olive groves as well as its distinctive white-washed hill towns, centuries old farmland and kilometres of Mediterranean coastline from idyllic rocky coves to white sandy beaches and turquoise seas.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €900 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3 pm to 9 pm.
- Departure time : By 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. Air conditioning included.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and bath towels included in the rental price. Pool towels are included.
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday during July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Strictly no smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Not included in the rental price.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from the beginning of April to the end of October.