Villa Filomena at Comunidad Valenciana
Built in the typical ‘riurau’ country house style for this region, with arched porticos traditionally for drying raisins, Villa Filomena is something to behold. This private, luxury villa with pool sleeps fourteen guests on a large, lawned plot overlooking the countryside surrounding Benissa. All your wonderful living accommodation is found on the ground floor, with some bedrooms and bathrooms on a second floor. There are seven bedrooms, all of which are en-suite.
The impressive and very spacious lounge and dining room continue the country house feel with exposed beams and a wood-burning fireplace in the lounge. This sociable space, ideal for gathering your friends and family together in the evening, leads out onto one of your huge covered terraces. Beneath the welcome shade of the distinctive arches, there are tables and chairs. This is the spot for morning coffee. Gaze out onto the wondrous view of the valleys and mountains...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Filomena lies in the scenic countryside rolling down through the valleys from Benissa to the coast. Olive groves, fruit orchards, vineyards and almond trees bask in the temperate climate in this region of Spain. As well as seemingly endless hours of sunshine, a summer breeze cools the hottest of days. If you walk to Benissa, look out for orange trees or Mediterranean Pine along the way. The old quarter of the town was renovated about forty year’s ago, restoring medieval and Moorish details on the houses and town hall. You’ll discover tucked-away bars, restaurants and shops on the cobbled streets selling gifts or the local tapas dish of cured sausage. Wash it down with a glass of beer or a locally produced from the Jalon valley. A market is held every Saturday morning, and you’ll often find the town in the fiesta mood. In June and July, they honour the Moorish, and Christian settlers and August see the celebration of Sant Antoni. Head downhill to the coast for a day at the beach. Playa de Levante is your closest. It’s a lovely broad and sandy beach, lined with restaurants, ice cream stalls and even playgrounds for the children. The view from here is dominated by the giant Rock of Ifach at Calpe – a 332-metre-tall limestone outcrop on the shoreline. If any of your group are feeling sporty, there is kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling, diving or sailing available from any marina or harbour along Benissa’s miles of the beautiful coast. Tennis and horse riding are within easy reach of Villa Filomena and golfers can choose from three excellent courses: San Jaime, Don Cayo and La Sella. With so much to do in Benissa, and so many friends and family to share it with, your holiday at Villa Filomena will pass all too quickly.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1,000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner before/upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 - 7 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. Please bring your own pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price.
- Changeover day : Flexible
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included in rental price.
- Minimum stay : 4 - 7 nights
- Changeover day : Saturday during high season
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €50 per pet per week will apply (paid locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Not permitted.
- Tax : Tourist Tax included in the rental price.
- Other 2 : High Chair & Travel Cot €30 per week each
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : High chair and cot available upon request at €5 per item, per night