Villa Diadema at Puglia
In one of Puglia’s most enchanting areas, Villa Diadema is a spectacular villa surrounded by extensive private woodlands and mesmerising views of olive groves.
In an elevated position, this contemporary home has been beautifully designed across several levels and includes many amazing features such as the indoor rain-waterfall, a sauna in one of the bedrooms as well as interesting artefacts and original artwork. The villa was fully refurbished in 2019 yet there’s still an overall ambience of authenticity with traditional materials juxtaposed with appealing modern design.
On the lower floor the main split-level living space is full of light from the vast windows and allows ample space for relaxation, fine-dining and creating feasts in the incredibly smart and spacious kitchen. Six welcoming bedrooms can be found across the two floors, four of which are especially sumptuous with their own fireplaces and showers or...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In an elevated position, set in wonderful grounds including private woodland, Villa Diadema is only a 2km drive from the town of Ceglie Messapica located in the northern part of Salento, Puglia. The beautiful Adriatic sea is just a 20-minute drive away whilst the Ionian coastline can also be easily reached in around 45 minutes by car. The nearest restaurant is just a walk away where they serve excellent Italian cuisine as well as offering catering and exceptional cooking classes. A Michelin starred chef can also be booked to cook for you in the villa with ample advance notice. The restaurant is usually open every evening as well as Sunday lunchtime and you'll need to book ahead. The local town, Ceglie Messapica, has a great reputation for fine Puglian cuisine with a number of highly regarded restaurants including the highly regarded “Al Fornello da Ricci” with a Michelin star. You'll also find delightful shops selling wonderful local produce as well as food and drink festivities throughout the year. The white-washed town has a beautiful historic centre dating back to medieval times where you can explore the narrow lanes, discover old churches and admire the town’s handsome castle. There's a relaxed and authentic ambience across Ceglie Messapica with less tourists than some of the more famous villages and towns in the region. The stunning Adriatic coastline is only 20km away where you will find crystal clear waters, rocky ledges, sandy bays and some idyllic beachside summer restaurants and bars. There are some wonderful coastal walks as well as pretty seaside resorts and impressive lidos. Hire bikes and explore the nature reserve at Torre Guaceto with its sand dunes, lagoons and utter beauty. The Ionian side of Salento also offers magnificent beaches and incredible scenery such as Campomarino, one of Puglia’s most scenic beaches with fine white sand and turquoise waters. It’s also near protected areas such as the Dune di Campomarino and the forests of Pineta d'Ayala. This region is home to some of Puglia’s most enchanting towns. Start off in the hilltop town of Ostuni with yet more excellent restaurants, historic architecture and amazing views from the labyrinth of narrow lanes. Picturesque Martina Franca is also full of charm, en route to the famous town of Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you can visit many of the impressive trulli that this region is so well-known for. Cisternino is another characterful place to visit, known to be one of Italy’s most beautiful towns with magical views down to the Valle d’Itria whilst Locorotondo is worthy of a visit due to its fascinating architecture and lovely wines. Other highlights of this area include its many caves, both inland and along the coast including the Grotte di Montevicoli just a short drive away as well as the interesting history of the area which can be seen at Scavi D'Egnazia with its wonderful excavations. Activities include horse-riding, a variety of watersports along both the Adriatic and Ionian coasts, tennis, mountain biking and golf within a short drive. Not to mention both olive oil and wine-tasting across this spectacular part of Puglia.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : From 4 pm.
- Departure time : By 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Up to 300kWh, extra paid locally on consumption.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, changed weekly.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday and Sunday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 6 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Tax : Tourist Tax included.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, changed weekly.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.