Villa Cenate at Puglia
Villa Cenate is a simple yet cosy southern Italian villa, set within luscious, private grounds lined by foliage and palm trees. A home-like abode offering privacy and style within a characterful dwelling, brimming with local charm.
Securely set behind a gated entry, offering private parking and a lagoon shaped pool, this home offers pristine outdoor spaces, with a generously proportioned patio dotted with loungers and parasol, ideal for evening drinks or sumptuous lunches at the local pace.
The immaculately maintained lawns offer ample space for picnics, games and frolics, whilst a relaxed dining veranda sets the scene for lively group meals, or a game of table football whilst the air fills with dinner aromas.
The interiors are traditional, with rustic allure and understated style. An immaculately equipped kitchen makes self-catering effortless. An open plan living-dining room provides a natural...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
Beds & Bath
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Cenate is nestled just outside the town of Melissano, conveniently located with excellent road connections leading north towards Gallipoli as well as south towards the marina town of Santa Maria di Leuca. Melissano (1.5km) is a small town in southern Salento, close to the Ionian coast, where you will find your nearest shops and facilities. Melissano has a historical centre dating to Byzantine times and is known for producing some of Puglia’s best wines. The town has some excellent restaurants serving traditional local cuisine in its beautiful old quarter. The town of Taviano (4km) is also just a short drive away, known for its production of flowers as well as olive groves and vineyards. It is a town full of history with beautiful architecture and again some brilliant restaurants which are especially popular with locals from this region. The nearest beaches are along the Ionian coast around 8km away – Torre Suda offers crystal-clear waters and a rocky coastline, ideal for snorkelling as well as swimming. Further north, the popular and idyllic sandy beaches of Baia Verde, just south of Gallipoli, offer clear shallow waters which are ideal for children as well as great nightlife as the day draws to a close. Further south, don’t miss the Marina di Pescoluse, known to be like a beach from the Maldives with its white sand and turquoise waters. Indeed, across the southern part of Salento you will find many glorious beaches, both on the Ionian and Adriatic side, from pretty rocky coves to long stretches of sand plus beach clubs offering sunbeds, parasols, pedalos and idyllic restaurants with glorious views. The island town of Gallipoli (17km) is a great place to visit, not only for its fascinating historic sites but also its great market. Enjoy magnificent views as you explore the narrow lanes on the island and enjoy relaxing in a pavement café or dining in one of the brilliant restaurants serving the freshest fish. Lecce (55km) is also a great city to explore with fantastic shops, sight-seeing and historic ruins. Not to mention the many wonderful white-washed villages and beautiful towns that can be discovered across the southern half of Salento such as Specchia (22km), one of Italy’s prettiest towns and the historic lined streets of Muro Leccese and Maglie, both around half an hour away.
Let’s try that again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and bath towels included.
- Pool towels included? : On request.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €150, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Strictly no smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights approximately July to end-September. 4 nights during all other periods.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Whilst this property can accommodate 12 guests, please note that four guests will be sleeping on sofa beds. Please see the features tab for full details.
- Other Ts and Cs : Only some bedrooms have air conditioning.