Casa Basilico at Sicilia
Tucked away next to Sicily’s south-eastern coastline, this stunning four-bed home boasts breathtaking views of the seaside. Listen to the soothing waves while sunbathing on the rooftop terrace or relaxing in the garden. With the beach at your doorstep and a gorgeous swimming pool, you’ll make incredible memories at Casa Basilico which will last a lifetime.
Every room is designed with meticulous attention to detail. Intricate wallpaper lines some of the walls in the bedrooms, complimented by stunning artwork and comfortable furniture. A clever spiral bookshelf, swirly lamps and quirky mirrors are just some of the pieces that give this home its distinctive character. The kitchen and living/dining area is open planned, creating a communal space where loved ones can enjoy cooking, eating or watching TV together.
Casa Basilico is surrounded by a cute garden with colourful foliage and lots of outdoor space, so guests...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
This delightful home is located in a seaside resort which boasts a pretty beach with brilliant sand and sapphire-coloured waters – great for snorkelling. The Mediterranean is only 100m from the villa, meaning you can pop out for a refreshing swim whenever you feel like it. You’ll find summer cafés and bars scattered across the surrounding seafront, serving up delicious beverages and snacks. For something more filling, head to one of the many restaurants within a short drive where you can try local dishes like arancini, caponata and pasta con le sarde. Marzamemi, a few minutes by car, is a picturesque fishing village that’s perfect for a day visit. Wander through its cobbled streets, unearthing the different cafés and restaurants that serve fresh seafood. Watch the world go by with a glass of wine at the Piazza Regina Margherita, where you can eat or drink out on the square. The village has an extensive history, which you can discover walking around the old centre. The Church of Dan Francesco di Paola and the Prince’s Pallazo Tonnara are two fascinating historical sites worth taking a look at. The seaside village has its own harbour and there are opportunities to go diving. For something different, head to the Vendicari Nature Reserve. This diverse protected landscape stretches over 1,500 hectares and is made up of sand dunes, rocky coastlines and lagoons. Follow the walking trails that take you through the reserve, whether it’s a brisk walk by the seaside or a tougher climb past the marshes. Nature fans will love the birds who stop by during their migration. Herons, dunlins, stalks and flamingoes are often spotted by visitors. Although it shares some similarities with mainland Italy, Sicily has its own quirks and a diverse culture that makes it special. Its rugged coastline is made up of stunning beaches and rocky alcoves, making it popular during those warm summer months. Local cuisine is influenced by the cultures that have inhabited the island, with dishes that you can’t find anywhere else. With bustling towns (Syracuse, Modica and Noto are all nearby), quaint little villages and delicious wine, you’ll have an incredible holiday on the island.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Late arrivals, if agreed, will be charged €50 (paid locally).
- Departure time : 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Early departure, if agreed, will be charged €50 (paid locally).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including mid-week towel change.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included up to 300kWh per week. Extra consumption fee of €0.40 per kWh (paid locally).
- Heating costs included? : Yes, included up to 300kWh per week. Extra consumption fee of €0.40 per kWh (paid locally).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday from end-June to end-August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : This property has five air-conditioning units.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : Included up to 300 kWh per week. Extra consumption fee of €0.40 per kWh (paid locally). Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that only the 8 person prices include the rental of the entire villa, please see the features tab for full details.