Villa Isolabella at Sicilia
In a breathtaking position overlooking the bay of Isola Bella and surrounded by a centuries-old park in the hilltop town of Taormina is stunning Villa Isolabella. Built in the second half of the 19th century, quality and timeless elegance are in every example of superior craftsmanship throughout the villa’s expansive interior.
This air of nobility and excellence attracted acting and music royalty to enjoy lavish stays at Villa Isolabella – as well as actual English royalty itself. Feel the sense of history as you follow in the footsteps of the revered and the regal through the series of interconnected lounge rooms and sprawling outside grounds.
The villa is set over two floors and sleeps up to 12 guests in total comfort and luxury. On the ground floor is a choice of two living spaces to suit all occasions. Whatever your mood, you’ll find impeccable style and fine antiques the perfect backdrop for relaxing or entertaining....
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Isolabella is in an incredibly privileged position close to the centre of Taormina (1km). The town’s bars, restaurants and nightclubs are within a 15-minute walk, as is the ancient Greek theatre, Teatro Antico di Taormina (950m). Other historical highlights in Taormina include Duomo di Taormina (1.5km), a cathedral that is typical of Sicilian churches in the area, and Chiesa Madonna della Rocca (2km). The latter can be reached by walking up the slopes above the town, with a stepped footpath leading to the church cut into the rocks. The views from here over the town and Greek theatre are simply breathtaking. Corso Umberto (1km) is the main shopping street in the town and is lined with luxury boutiques and various other shops selling clothing, jewellery and souvenirs. Shops and restaurants that cater for international visitors sit alongside many traditional, family-run restaurants for soaking up the local ambience. After enjoying a delicious meal, end the evening in Piazza IX Aprile (1km) by taking in panoramic views over the bay from its huge terrace. The villa is also close to the coast with its beautiful beaches. The stunning small island of Isola Bella (4km) is a definite must-visit. It’s a steep and winding 35-minute walk down from the villa, with a thin strip of sand connecting the coastline to the island. There’s a pebble beach on offer here, as well as clear waters for swimming and trying activities such as snorkelling and diving. It’s a truly idyllic spot, with lots of hidden coves to explore. Beaches with a mix of sand and pebble can be found at the resort of Giardini Naxos (6km) - along with centuries of history. Giardini Naxos was said to be the first ancient Greek colony in Sicily, which you can still see some evidence of at the archaeological park and museum. Also enjoy a day trip out to Mount Etna (55km) to marvel at this iconic and still-active volcano on a guided tour. Another great place to visit is the ancient port city of Catania (52km), which sits at the foot of Mount Etna itself. There’s also Messina (53km), a city that’s known for its ornate cathedral and elegant fountains.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, plus 4 hours cleaning per day. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (4 nights on request).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week towel change.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Smoking Allowed? : Not allowed.
- Pool heating charge? : The pool may be heated on request at an additional cost.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).