Tenuta Corsari at Puglia
Tenuta Corsari is a majestic nineteenth century villa, which was owned by a local aristocratic family until the early 1900s, and is today sumptuously restored, faithful to the original splendour, finished with gracious style and contemporary comforts.
Set imperially at the end of a striking sweeping gravel drive, behind elegant wrought-iron gates, guests will stop to draw breath as they pass the tree-lined avenue to the magnificent façade of creamy Italianate baroque style with handsome symmetry and dignified proportions.
The scent of Mediterranean scrub and pine infuses this tranquil haven, an ideal place to escape the bustle of crowds and strains of urban life, a chic pool sits surrounded by trees and a sedate patio area, punctuated with loungers and day-beds, offering a genteel setting for an evening drink or morning coffee after a swim. The luminescent Puglian evening light is quite something, viewed across...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Tenuta Corsari is nestled outside Nardò, which is Salento’s largest city, on the Ionian coast. Local amenities are just a short drive away, as is the beach (2 km). Nardò, a town steeped with Baroque history, is a hidden gem in this little known corner of Salento, unfrequented by tourists, it offers beautiful streets and alleyways and stunning historic buildings. From the many beaches close to Nardò, Punta della Suina at the south end of Baia Verde is located just past Gallipoli, the natural reserve of Porto Selvaggio and the sandy beaches of Torre Colimena, with flamingos visible from behind the dunes. Salento is the most southerly part of the “heel” of Italy’s boot; with the Adriatic Sea to the the East, and the Ionian to the west. The Salento region is known for its Greek influences and colourful dialects (with Sicilian origins); this area is home to some of Italy's most romantic towns: the majestic sea front towns of Gallipoli and Otranto, the creamy baroque sophistication of Lecce and the luxurious seaside tones of Leuca. With both rocky coastline and long stretches of golden beach, Salento is a haven for sea-lovers. From the southernmost tip near Leuca, stretching up to Gallipoli, is a continuous expanse of golden sand and dazzling, azure waters. On the East side, the Adriatic coastline is more varied, offering sandy beaches, Karstic grottoes, chalk cliffs and salt-water lagoons. The region is known for its olive oil production, as evidenced by the surrounding stretches of olive groves as well as its distinctive white-washed hill towns, centuries old farmland and hundreds of kilometres of Mediterranean coastline.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen and bath towels included in the rental price.
- Pool towels included? : On request.
- Changeover day : Saturday in June, July, August and September. Flexible during the rest of the year.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Strictly no smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed.