Villa Lazzaro at Sicilia
Take a step back in time at this idyllic eighteenth-century country estate. As you wander the property you’ll feel the fresh breeze on your skin, the heat of the sun warming you up and the smell of jasmine floating in the air.
The villa has been recently renovated, so while it’s still authentic there are also all the mod cons you could want and need. All of the rooms are incredibly spacious and boast cosy country house style - exposed beams, majolica tiles, imposing fireplaces and wrought-iron beds. The rustic character of the home creates a charming refuge where guests can snuggle up with a good book in one of the living areas inside or outside.
Accommodating up to 10 guests in five bedrooms, the main building and the adjacent house have plenty of space for all guests to have their own space without imposing on others. The bedrooms are characterful and offer storage for all your bits and bobs. A few of the rooms...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Lazzaro is located near Modica, a wealthy town in the South-East Sicily. Modica is known for artisan chocolate making and Baroque architecture and is an incredibly exciting place to explore. It’s regarded as one of the most atmospheric towns in Sicily and it’s a labyrinth of stunning architecture, chocolate shops and bustling streets. It’s also a UNESCO-listed city, with countless medieval buildings and a welcoming vibe, and it’s no wonder tourists and locals alike adore it. The closest beach, Vendicari, is just a short drive away (16km) and is part of a beautiful nature reserve with crystal clear waters and golden sands. Here guests can also find amenities such as shops, supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, bars and a train station. There is also a few handy amenities nearer the villa, with a delicatessen and restaurant both a short distance away (2km). Nearby is Ragusa, a city and commune that offers the charm of a bigger town while still boasting picturesque lanes and buildings like a quaint village. It’s a beautiful place to visit, whether you’re wandering the alleyways aimlessly or visiting the cathedrals and museums it’s a lovely place to explore. There’s also plenty of tasty restaurants and cafes to enjoy as well. Syracuse is a short drive away and this coastal city is the perfect place for a day trip. It’s known for its ancient ruins and you can’t miss the central Archaeological Park Neapolis. There’s everything you could need, from Ancient Greek ruins, a sparkling blue sea and plenty of divine food and wine. The villa is also near other must-see spots, including Etna (140km), Agrigento (160km) and Agaria fashion outlet (160km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4:00-9:00 p.m.
- Late arrivals, if agreed, will be charged €50 (paid locally)
- Departure time : 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Prices for 6 guests do not include access to the tower.