Torre San Giuseppe at Puglia
Torre San Giuseppe is a striking and historic house that lies close to ancient gates that were built to protect the medieval town of Galatina from attack. With areas dating back to the 19th and even 16th centuries, this ‘masseria’ farmhouse really gives you the feeling of having gone back in time. Original features share space with plenty of modern conveniences that ensure a comfortable and memorable stay.
The rooms at Torre San Giuseppe are both spacious and cosy, with antique pieces of furniture adding to the sense of history and laidback grandeur. Elegance greets you right from the moment you enter the beautiful hall. This look and feel continues into the bright living space with two areas featuring comfortable sofas, a television and fireplace for relaxed evenings. There’s a choice of where to dine inside, with a small table and chairs adjacent to both the living space and kitchen. The kitchen itself is well-equipped and home...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
You’re perfectly placed to explore everything that historic Galatina has to offer during a stay at Torre San Giuseppe. The town centre is roughly 700m away, so you can walk there in around 15 minutes, or jump in the car and arrive in just five. You’ll find many shops, restaurants and markets on offer throughout this picturesque town. With some buildings dating back to medieval times, the most stunning architecture is from the Baroque period. There are lots of churches and majestic palaces from this era, with the Chiesa di Santa Maria della Grazia and the Basilica di Santa Caterina d’Alessandria being particularly impressive. If you fall in love with Galatina’s Baroque buildings, then you’ll be totally smitten with the city of Lecce (20km) as it’s famous for them. Make sure you visit the Basilica di Santa Croce and Piazza del Duomo. Lecce is also well-known for the ruins of a Roman theatre and amphitheatre. Coastal Gallipoli (28km) is the best place to go to enjoy a family day out by the sea. It offers a mix of sandy and rocky beaches, with Baia Verde being the longest and one of the most popular. The sea here is crystal clear, making it beautiful for swimming in and you can rent parasols and chairs to fully relax on this sandy beach. Other fascinating places that are within easy driving distance are the seaside town of Otranto (34km) and Taranto (120km) with its diverse and naturally beautiful landscapes. Parco Naturale Regionale di Porto Selvaggio (28km) is on the coast close to the town of Nardò and features great walking and cycling trails.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €200, payable locally. Two hour maid service twice per week also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen, bath towels and pool towels are provided.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from June to September, 4 nights during all other periods.
- Changeover day : Saturday from June to September. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italy Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1- €3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.