Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to the internet. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Illuminata is situated on the edge of Letojanni, a renowned seaside resort and fisherman village. Boasting many beautiful palazzos (castles) as well as a beautiful church that has work dating back to the 18th century, you can get a taste of the real Sicily on your doorstep. Here guests will also find delicious dining options, relaxing bars and the odd amenities such as a delicatessen and shops. Of course, there is also a stunning sandy beach where you can spend your days and evenings. Just a short drive away is Taormina. This charming hilltop town is known for the Teatro Antico di Taormina, an ancient Greco-Roman theatre that is still used today. Dramatic cliffs drop to sandy beaches and make for breathtaking natural scenery, this really is an area worth exploring. Enjoy these sites and take in the rich history by wandering the alleyways and revelling in the architecture and monuments. It also has upmarket boutiques, cafes, restaurants and clubs, and keen shoppers should head to Corso Umberto. The villa is also a short drive from Catania (78km), the second largest metropolitan city of Sicily (the largest, Palermo, is 270km away). It’s a must-visit place for food-lovers, as authentic restaurants line the lanes and offer tantalising meals. The city has a unique backdrop of Mount Etna, an active volcano that is perfect for adventurous travellers, whether you join a hike or explore the natural landscape in a 4-wheel drive. The villa is also just over an hours drive away from other stunning spots in Sicily: Syracuse (120km) and Ragusa (160km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00-9.00 p.m. (late arrivals on request only).
- Departure time : 8.00-10.00 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath and pool towels included in the price.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, up to 600 kWh per week. Any extra consumption will be charged at €0.40 per kWh, payable locally.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi included in the rental price.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes, the pool can be solar-heated on request, payable locally. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.