Villa Toppello at Umbria
Villa Toppello is an exquisitely restored medieval home, nestled on the borders between Umbria and Tuscany, offering a sumptuous, secluded haven of natural style and local charm, with lake views.
This charming home offers a dazzling private swimming pool, set in a tranquil spot, framed by flowering plants and the dappled shade of the trees around it. Guests will enjoy reclining with a good book or having a continental style breakfast after a refreshing morning swim. Elegant parasols and sedate daybeds provide a very civilised ambience for a little “downtime” set away from the bustle of the crowds.
This home provides a welcoming and rustic facade, with wooden shutters and ancient stonework, and a pretty magnolia tree within a bijou dining courtyard. Villa Toppello provides every inch with the rustic, tranquil oasis away from the strains of urban living. Looking over pristine lawns, there is a covered dining table...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Toppello is nestled on the border of Tuscany and Umbria, in the beautiful and rather sleepy Trasimeno. Trasimeno is a ten-minute drive from the villa, and all local amenities can be accessed such as supermarkets, restaurants, bars and banks. Close to all the art cities of Tuscany, the area surrounding Lake Trasimeno is rich with history and cultural heritage. Lake Trasimeno is located in the green heart of Umbria, amidst charming white water lilies. This is a nature lover’s haven and is home to wild ducks, cormorants, kites and kingfishers. An area of outstanding beauty, visitors will marvel at the majestic woods, sunflower and corn fields, vineyards and olive groves, while agriculture is still carried out following traditional techniques. Several charming towns are located on Lake Trasimeno, as well as its islands; visitors can enjoy the unspoilt nature and boat trips on the lake. Wildlife fans and birdwatchers will be in their element! The largest island on the lake is Polvese, which is used as a public park. The San Secondo monastery is housed here as well as the Church of San Giuliano and restored fourteenth castle. The small, historic town of Castel Rigone is where one of the most significant architectural masterpieces of the Umbrian Renaissance is located: the Sanctuary of Maria Santissima dei Miracoli. This part of Umbria preserves many local traditions, including the cuisine. Flavoured with the fine oil from the Trasimeno hills, fish stock should be tasted, along with rice in a white sauce made with perch fillets and eel. It’s no coincidence the festival of fish held in September attracts many tourists. Craftsmanship is still very strong in this area. The entire world is familiar with lace from Maggiore Island! Whilst all the main cities of Tuscany, such as Florence and Siena are just a day trip’s activity.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price (except a/c in July and August - see below).
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath & pool towels included.
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed.
- Changeover day : Saturday (May to September). Flexible at other times of year.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €240 payable in cash on arrival. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (May to September) or 4 nights at other times of year.
- Heating costs included? : Included up to €100/weekly. Any extra payable locally.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wifi connection included .
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning included, except during July and August, €100/weekly.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.