Tenuta San Vito at Puglia
Listen to the children play as you are surrounded by centuries old olive trees in the glorious countryside. Set in beautiful Puglia, just a 15-minute drive from idyllic beaches with crystal-clear sea, Tenuta San Vito is the perfect home for a family holiday for all ages.
This has been the owners’ family home over the generations. The original farmhouse dates back to the late 18th century and has been extended in more recent years to create a two-storey villa with seven bedrooms on an estate with four acres of land. The owners have taken great care in its restoration, using traditional natural furnishings, locally-made fabrics as well as modern features especially in the two contemporary and well-equipped kitchens.
The home is sometimes rented out as two apartments, so each level is self-contained with its own entrance, yet we are delighted to offer it for exclusive use for a large family or group of...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Tenuta San Vito is set in beautiful gardens on a vast working olive farm – a complimentary bottle of the estate’s olive oil is of course provided on arrival! It’s only a five-minute drive to the local town where you can explore the historic streets, buy some incredible artisan food such as locally made mozzarella and pasta as well as dine out in a variety of restaurants. The marvellous beaches of Puglia are less than half an hour away. Start off at Torre Guaceto (15km), a nature reserve free from development where you can experience sand dunes and lagoons in complete tranquillity, surrounded by fascinating flora and fauna. In the summer you can hire bikes to follow some spectacular trails through the reserve. Just to the south, Guna Beach Club (18km) is for those looking for a beautiful setting yet with facilities such as sunbeds and umbrellas as well as a café-bar. To the north is Specchiolla (14km) with its white sandy beaches as well as private beach clubs and restaurants. For a break from the beach, explore the wonderful city of Ostuni (17km) with its excellent restaurants (including four featuring Michelin stars), stylish bars and rustic trattorias as well as the picture postcard town of Alberobello (50km) which is a UNESCO World Heritage site for its vast number of Trulli. Cisternino (32km) also has its own character and charm, many free summer concerts and some great restaurants. Brindisi (24km) is also worthy of a visit with its wonderful historic centre, Baroque churches, palm-tree lined boulevards and a great sea-front promenade. It is especially beautiful at night, a great place to go for an excellent meal out before driving home in under half an hour. Don’t forget there are some great cycling trails straight from Tenuta San Vito leading as far as Brindisi and you can also see some authentic trulli en route without having to head to the more touristy destinations. The owners have some old bikes you can use if you let them know in advance or you can rent them in the local area. Other activities including horse-riding only 15 mins away and plenty to keep kids entertained if you can drag them away from the estate or beaches. Zoo Safari is within an hour and the water park at Cellino San Marco is even nearer. For spectacular days out, head further south to the amazing Torre Sant’Andrea (100km) where you can swim in the turquoise waters of this natural paradise or bathe in the rock pool of Grotta della Poesia. For a change of scene away from the coast, the incredible town of Matera in Basilicata (140km) is just over 90 minutes away by car, with its fascinating history and cave dwellings.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 (up to 10 guests) or €800 (up to 15 guests) paid via PayPal to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm.
- Departure time : 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. A/C is also included, within reasonable use.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath & pool towels are included in the rental price, with mid-stay change for stays longer than a week also included.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday in June, July, August & September. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included in the rental price. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in June, July, August and September, 4 nights during the rest of the year.
- Heating costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Tax : Included in the rental price.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.