Villa Donatella at Sicilia
A sumptuous, Sicilian villa with a luxurious, private spa, this place is for pleasure seekers who love the opulent interior style and proximity to the beach.
One of a handful of villas situated in rural tranquility on the edge of Donnalucata, Villa Donatella is a bit of a hidden gem. Nestled amid a lush garden of palm trees and citrus, the villa strikes an elegant pose.
When you first see its panoramic terrace, round pillars and ornamental curved iron railings winding down to a beautiful dining terrace, you know that you have arrived somewhere really special.
Inside, the villa is utterly unique. In contrast with the seemingly restrained exterior, the interior space is positively colourful with opulent furnishings and incredible lighting. Spanning three levels, connected via a spiral staircase and a lift, the villa comfortably sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms.
The centrepiece is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Donatella is located in the south-east corner of Sicily, just outside the beach town of Donnalucata so within striking distance of local shops, pizzerias, fish restaurants and a long sandy beach. It is slightly off the tourist track so even in summer it never feels overcrowded and has lots of authentic Sicilian charm. This part of Sicily is a feast for the eyes with an array of UNESCO protected baroque towns to discover. Scicli is the closest, just 15 minutes drive away, with Modica, Ragusa and Noto all near enough for a day trip. You can easily spend hours in each town exploring historic monuments, but even a gentle stroll to the main square gives you a good taste of the magnificent architecture there and perhaps a gelato or two. The area has become better known in recent years thanks to the televised detective series ‘Inspector Montalbano’ which has been filmed in many locations here. Fans can follow in the inspector’s footsteps, visiting the fictional police station of ‘Vigata’ which is the town hall of Scicli or taking a stroll along the beach by his balcony in Punta Secca. Within half an hour from the villa is the southernmost tip of the island at the lighthouse of Capo Passero as well as the charming fishing village of Marzamemi, a gorgeous setting for a drink in the main square and particularly buzzy in summer when it hosts an international summer film festival. Nature lovers will enjoy a trip to the Vendicari Nature Reserve, famous for its beaches, turtles and flamingos. One week in this part of Sicily is not enough to see everything!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 to pay in cash upon arrival and refunded upon departure subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 to 9.00 pm.
- Departure time : 8.00 to 10.00 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 300 Kwh per week, extra payable locally on consumption.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Heating costs included? : Included up to 300 Kwh per week, extra payable locally on consumption.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning included up to 300 Kwh per week, extra payable locally on consumption.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in December 2020 and from end-July and end-August and during the festive period. 4 nights during all other periods.