Villa Baronessa at Sicilia
Villa Baronessa is a majestic period home, set lavishly within its estate surrounded by rural, idyllic Sicily. This charming eighteenth-century manor has been restored with stylish verve and original charm, within unparalleled tranquillity.
The exterior showcases the traditional country home, with original stonework and elegant cloistered veranda, with views across the Sicilian hills and Etna.
This sumptuous home accommodates twelve guests across six bedrooms and six bathrooms. The interiors are impeccably tasteful, offering opulent touches and traditional features within refined and well-proportioned spaces.
The bedrooms are finished with ornate character, sympathetic to the original architecture, along with the best quality fittings. Ochre tones, soft mustards and warm burnt orange provide a home-like glow; furnishings are solid timber, antiques and offset by artefacts and ornate ornaments, oil...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Baronessa is nestled on Sicily’s east coast, just a kilometre from the sea, between Taormina and Catania, providing breath-taking views over Mount Etna and the Ionian Sea. Set within the Eastern part of the island, Villa Baronessa is in the foothills of the world famous Mount Etna - the oldest recorded active volcano in the world. Nestled just outside the ancient port city of Catania (which is where the nearest airport is), this home is just moments from the beaches. Catania is dripping with history and cultural interest; the wide central square, Piazza del Duomo, features the whimsical Fontana dell’Elefante statue and richly decorated Catania Cathedral. The Palazzo Biscari represents a beautiful example of Catanese baroque architecture and contains a large archaeological collection. History buffs will be impressed by the rococo style interiors, stylish decorations and sophisticated crystal chandeliers. Whether it be Benedictine monasteries, the vivacious fish market which is one of the most emblematic sites of the city, or the kiosks of Catania, this historical city is brimming with cultural interest, bustling local life and opulent historical buildings. The thermal baths and spas are at the foot of Etna, while the famous “Kiosks of Catania” are a hub of local life, dating back to the 1800’s; the most famous of which are in Piazza Umberto, a stone’s throw from the Fera 'o Luni, the market of Catania. Taormina is a stylish and well-heeled town, offering pretty cobbled streets and upscale boutiques, drawing a smart international crowd and some excellent eateries.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm to 7 pm. Late arrivals from 8 pm to 11 pm will be charged a €30 fee.
- Departure time : 9 to 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 595 Kwh per week. Additional usage will be charged an extra €0.25 per kWh, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes. Towels changed twice a week and mid-stay change of linen for stays longer than a week.
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Minimum stay : 5 nights.
- Pool towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change for stays longer than a week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Only 1 cot and 1 high chairs are available free of charge.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately beginning of May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.