Les Petits Champs
Visit some of the Dordogne and Lot’s most picturesque market towns when staying at this characterful cottage just 3km from a beautiful bastide town.
In a rural setting, set along a small country road surrounded by farmland and rows of summer sunflowers, this delightful holiday home offers plenty of charm. Pretty windows, a log-burning fire and a handsome range cooker are just some of the traditional features in the inviting living and dining room whilst four pretty bedrooms allow plenty of space for a family or group of friends, including two especially characterful rooms upstairs with impressive wood beams so typical of this region.
The thoughtful owners have created a comfortable place for all ages, especially for young children with toys, books, DVDs and even bed guards, a baby monitor and steriliser. All generations will love the cosy and welcoming ambience of this home, whether spending evenings inside...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Only half an hour from the historic town of Bergerac, this charming house can be found in the Lot-et-Garonne department, just minutes from the border with Dordogne, close to some of southern France’s most enchanting market towns and beautiful countryside. Les Petits Champs is surrounded by typical farmland of this area – go on walks through the fields, passing a nearby reservoir and rows of summer sunflowers or watch tractors at work during planting and harvest time in this rural and picturesque setting. The house sits on a small country road that leads to the local bastide town, 3km away, where you will find your nearest restaurants, bars and cafes as well as a couple of supermarkets and other useful shops. The town features some fine medieval architecture including its 14th century market hall, home to an atmospheric Saturday morning market, as well as a variety of half-timbered houses and pretty streets. There’s a lovely ambience across this authentic town, especially on Monday evenings in the height of the summer when a vibrant night market takes place, attracting visitors from across the area. You are perfectly positioned to visit both the Dordogne region and some of the wonderful places across Lot-et-Garonne. Indeed, two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages are within an easy drive - Monflanquin (16km), one of the country’s most beautifully preserved towns, and Monpazier (17km) with its exquisite historic character and delightful market square. Both towns host traditional markets, an ideal way to soak up the local atmosphere and pick up some amazing regional produce. Issigeac’s Sunday market, just 14km away, is another fantastic experience, known to be one of the best in the area – take some time to explore this idyllic village with its medieval heritage. Beaumont-du-Périgord (20km) is another splendid bastide town with summer festivities often taking place and Eymet (30km), on the Dropt river, attracts visitors due to its picturesque riverside setting and attractive buildings. The fine town of Bergerac lies on the Dordogne river, just half an hour away. Spend the day exploring Bergerac’s incredible old town, stopping off in a pretty café or spending time over lunch in one of the many good restaurants. There are some lovely boat trips along the Dordogne – a great way to see the town and surrounding countryside. Other villages along the Dordogne river are also within easy reach – scenic Trémolat and Limeuil are about 45 minutes away or you can drive to the archetypal riverside villages of Domme, Beynac-et-Cazenac and La Roque-Gageac in about an hour. Wine enthusiasts will love the Maison de Vins in Bergerac and may also wish to sample some of the sweet wines at the famous Château de Monbazillac, just south of the town. There are of course many vineyards across this region to visit and wine-tastings can easily be arranged. For a spectacular day out, head to the vineyards of Saint-Émilion (86km) or even as far as mighty Bordeaux (150km), reached in a couple of hours by car. Activities across this area range from glorious walks through the countryside to canoeing along the Dordogne, Lot or Dropt rivers or playing golf in impressive surroundings. Cycling and horse-riding are also great ways to explore nearby landscapes whilst tree-top adventure parks, grand châteaux and pre-historic caves across the region will appeal to all ages.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £400 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes (bed linen is changed mid-stay for bookings of 2 weeks).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.